❥ 8. Anodyne

Anodyne (Adjective)

Capable of soothing or eliminating pain; (figuratively) Soothing or relaxing.

♡♡

"They said no"

"They said no"

The quiet hum of voice made RV snap his head to Danish. His eyes narrowed in slits capable of giving the snake tough competition. His midnight Black eyes looked dangerous enough already.

"Goyal said they don't want any new mergers. They have enough on their plates"

"And.." RV demanded and Danish visibly gulped. No one wanted to be in RV's presence when his inner volcano was ready to sprout lava.

He could burn anyone to ashes.

"The Accounts. He knows everything. That man messed up and failed to cover the trails. The profits, the actual ones made it on records somehow" Danish fed him the details, and RV's jaw clenched harder. The vein in his temple was hard to miss.

"How? He is an engineer nowhere near commerce" His strained words were enough to make Danish run out of his sight for his life but he stood back averting his eyes from the devil.

"He got the Accounts checked somewhere or someone scrutinized them for him," Danish said in confusion "No one from his office that's for sure"

RV glared at his desk, his eyes were burning in a fire that could burn the world.

He went there himself, a first. He faked his identity to one of an employee, he went through the whole meeting taking in Goyal and his body language. He looked impressed and would have given in if they had stayed for another five minutes but His son – Shekhar Goyal came bustling demanding to see his father.

RV had let go of the matter as he knew Goyal would give in but now after 24 hours of the meeting, Goyal says this – a NO.

His fingers clenched around the glass sphere.

"Shit" 

He could hear Danish's murmurs but he didn't waste another second throwing the paperweight straight to the wall behind the man who ducked it in time.

"What the hell man?"

The yell didn't make him look but his eyes stared at the vast pile of files.

"Leave" He commanded and Danish threw a dirty glare at him before stomping out of his cabin.

Letting his body lean on his desk chair. He clutched his eyes shut as the words played back in his mind. His fingers roamed the edges of his desk, playing along the length when he accidentally knocked the pen stand and the contents fall out. Different pens and a silver stick. His eyes land on the bun stick that rolls on his desk filling the air with the little sound of bells.