❥ 15. Immure

Immure (noun)
to shut in, seclude or confine

♡♡

Monday mornings can be considered as the busiest, moodiest and feistiest beginning of the day

Monday mornings can be considered as the busiest, moodiest and feistiest beginning of the day. It may be the wake-up call for the start of week or the dejection of Sunday end, It can also be the reverse countdown for the next weekend or the freshness after holiday.

Don’t know what it is, the unknown force but Monday’s are hectic.
Mahira slipped out of her room doors, locking it behind her and sneaked down through the crowded staircase as the girls hurried for the day, past her.

She stepped into the foyer and glanced around the bustling. Her stomach churned for breakfast and she huffed, turning and walking towards the maze.

She picked one of the plates, hurrying in the line behind one of the resident. She piled toast and poha in her plate and stepped out of the line not wanting any other thing. She threw a guilty glance towards tea and picked another cup for the day.

Sitting in the corner table, her eyes darted to the window table – Neha’s regular. She averted her eyes to the phone screen sliding the text from her away from the screen.

She can’t bring herself to talk to her or an exchange. Friday was too fresh in her memory.

She started eating, wanting to avoid the haunting sleepless nights she had for the past two days, half of them she had spent working.

“Good morning”

Mahira looked at the familiar face, the girl had one of the rooms on her floor. She took the seat on the same table.

“Hii”  Mahira tried her attempt on first smile of the day.

“How’s your Best friend ?” The Question was more on the edge of mockery.

Mahira frowned not getting the reference.

“Neharika. Your room..”  She bit her tongue correcting herself “Ex-roommate”

“Okay” Mahira shrugged a little.

“I saw her leaving with that guy, Is he her boyfriend ?”

“I don’t know” Mahira replied, not meeting her eyes.

“How can you not ? She’s your Best friend. I have seen you both spending all your time together in here.” The girl looked at her accusingly, as if she was harboring secrets which did matter to her.

Mahira took out a plain slip of paper and pen and started scribbling.

“What are you doing ?” 

“Here” Mahira passed the slip to her. “Neharika’s number. You can call her and take details. Excuse me”

She picked her bag putting the strap on her shoulder and took hold of her empty plate and cup dumping in the dish bin.