❥ 23. luftmensch

luftmensch

(Noun)

An impractical dreamer

♡♡

🎶Tu hai ke nhi

Change is scary

Change is scary. It has always been but then without it the world wouldn't be same. It revolves every day only to twist, turn and change. Emotions change every second, mind every minute, people every hour and places every day, because as said "Change is the only constant in life"

Mahira have witnessed a lot of changes too, all in the span of a year.

The day she got her results could have been one of the best days of her life, CA final mattered to her, to the people too. She was bouncing her way back, she was so happy that day, it feels like a dream now, even then it was a dream come true for her. She was able to attend her goal, she was making her father proud, just like him, she cleared her exams and got the success he always preached her with. She missed his warmth, his happy grins and his whistles for cheering on her but then, she had his name and his blessings with her, he knew he was her guarding angel, He might not be physically with her but it was his future planning and fortune she was able to make it through. His funds supported her and his blessings beckoned her even at the days she complaint to be left back by him, complaint about his absence which affected her mother, even when she didn't wish her father to know all things she was suffering, about them and him.

It all changed. The moment she stepped inside her home. Things turned into frenzy, changing, flipping and crashing down, along with her world. The moment she sat inside the train, all the changes around her, with her and in her became scary, so much scary.

That night she didnot blink, not once sleep approached her, not once tiredness took toll on her body because her mind was on high alert from all the changes. Another night in train, she felt her fatigue drowning her and she gave in but only to face the same nightmares back, she was jolted awake, dripping from sweat, shaking, withering.

That moment, she feared change, she loathed it.

But now, standing in a new place, familiar yet unknown, once again she was giving in to change.

She was now a married woman, a bride to the man she had started trusting.

"You can take the guest room; your bags are in there already" he said walking inside the doors.

She turned her head towards him, eyes furrowed, confused.

"You may not be comfortable in sharing room, I understand. The first door in the hallway. You have been in there before too, that'll be your room from now" He kept saying, pointing towards the said direction, her eyes following his gesture. "I have a few things to do for tomorrow's meeting, make yourself comfortable."

And he left, walking towards the end of the hallway leaving her standing. Mahira blinked, unsure and disturbed.

She looked around, the decorations gone, furniture set back to previous arrangements. It didn't feel like the same, the place they got married today. It all changed, back to normal.