❥ 24. Aporia

Aporia  (Noun)

(rhetoric) An expression of deliberation with oneself regarding uncertainty or doubt as to how to proceed

♡♡
A/n :- Warning ⚠️
Mild Violence.
If uncomfortable please abort.
(I do not support any kind of violence against either man or woman, it's just a demand of story which had to be shown. Please skip the part starting and ending with * if you're slightly uncomfortable)

 Please skip the part starting and ending with * if you're slightly uncomfortable)

|| AUTHOR ||

*

The sound resonated in the entire place.

The sting it left in her hand was nothing compared to the harshness of the words which teared her soul. It nearly ripped her heart into pieces, so small that it would take a million years to mend and puzzle back, an eternity of hard work would do no good to her soul.

“I-I did n-not do it. I-I didn-not” She shook her head vigorously, her breathing labored each passing second.

He snapped his neck back, hand rubbing his chin to ease out the pain of her slap, it stung his cheek but bruised his ego. His eyes raged fire, black eyes never looked this dangerous.

“How dare you ?”  He growled in burning anger.

“H-how dare I ? How c-can you s-say t-that ? H-how? Y-you sa-id i..i..kil…” She panted, palms fisting.

Veer grabbed her arm and roughly pushed her against the wall, nails digging in her hand but neither she cared nor he.

“You think you can hit me and I’ll do nothing to you? If it would have been anyone else, he would have been buried 6-feet under the ground, but you won’t get an easy ordeal for this. I’ll give you hell for this Mahira, you’ll repent your actions, every second from now” He declared, thrashing her against the wall again and she closed her eyes.

He felt like choking the life out of her but something stopped him, his eyes surveyed her face. Dark circles so visible, cheeks hollow, exhaustion was clearly visible unlike yesterday when she was glowing.

Mahira squirmed in his hold, trying to free herself and in need of space to breath properly as she kept gasping for air. Her throat seemed choked, windpipe blocked and lungs contracting.

“L-leave” She whispered, hands limping when her brain commanded them to push him away.

Black dots started appearing, vision blurry as eyes burned due to non-existent sleep.