❥ 45. Zemblanity

Zemblanity (noun)
The inevitable discovery of what we would rather not know, is the opposite of serendipity.

♡♡

Lights

Lights.

It was all that she could see.

She tried blinking a few times to adjust the brightness which made her see phosphenes and nothing else. Her eyes fluttered, widened, and darted, all behind the veil of her eyelids. It was so light, her moments didn't feel, as if she was in a daze. She was standing somewhere she couldn't see. Her skin felt cold, not because of fear but with peace. Almost relaxing.

It was atleast a few long seconds until she could adjust and take in the vision.

Slowly, the lights took shape, turning into a never-ending sky, becoming clear to her every second passed. She smiled seeing the light blues as she gazed, eyes taking in the trees and grasses all around. She didn't hesitate to take a step forward and another until her steps halted and her eyes moved to take in the view infront of her.  The breeze blew past her as she admired the sky, the ocean, and the height. The deep cliff didn't make her fearful but it attracted her to take in every second, feeling secure.

She felt warmth engulfing her, the cold air no more hitting her bare arms. Her hair was tucked back, slow drawl of touch on her cheek was so calming.

She tried glancing back, wanting to see the source of warmth, the feeling of tranquility but she couldn't, it was all bright, blindingly. Nothing she could see. Nothing in her eyes registered but the familiar feeling was there. As if she knew the source. She felt the presence.

She forcefully turned, breaking the invisible shackle and the surrounding started to fade, darkening. It turned gray, then a darker shade, and another and another when her surroundings turned completely dark, black. She fisted her palms, and a small flicker of fear resided in her heart.

"Ira"

Not for long she felt unsafe.

As if the voice kicked the darkness away. She shifted a little, wiggling her shoulders when her body registered a softness. The warmth coming back. She snuggled her face in a soft pillow which smelled amazing. She breathed and shifted closer. A light touch registered in her brain and she welcomed it, with a smile.

A voice chuckled.

"Get up sleepy head" A hand ruffled her hair and she huffed in sleep. She tried opening her eyes, they were lazed with heavy sleep. She blinked, and again.

She felt like blocking the bright sunlight, groaning in response.
She heard the deep, amused laughter again.

"You don't want to miss work Dove, Get up."

A hand snatched the covers and she jolted up, awake and sitting. Half-closed eyes glaring at the man settled next to her. Leaning back against the headboard, he was grinning leisurely and scrolled through the tab screen.