❥ 53. Kärsiä

Kärsiä (Verb)

To suffer from, endure; suffer, experience, undergo (something negative)

♡♡

"Will you stop pretending, Mahira?"

Her steps halted, swallowing the last of the moisture from her parched throat, she pulled her normal face and a fake smile before turning towards him.

"What are you talking about? I'm fine. It was n.. nothing" she gritted her teeth at the stammer. She was trying so hard to not let her thoughts bother her. "What happened there was just a failed prank. The manager apologized right? He said it was meant for another group, the waiter misunderstood it to be for ours. It wasn't for me. I shouldn't be bothered with it right?"

"Look into my eyes and say you're fine" His palm curled around her arm, pulling her infront of him. "You are shaking dove, you aren't fine. You kept playing with your food, you didn't utter a word the entire time. Your face has lost its color, I'm worried for you dove. Please tell me what is bothering you. Please"

A glance at his begging eyes, and she felt her resolve crumble. Her lips trembled, a sudden fit of rage towards herself, towards the events, towards everything rushed in her veins. She shoved his touch away, turning to the other side, and throwing her arms in the air.

"Why are you fixed on me? I'm not dying. Can't you believe it when I say that I'm fine? Absolutely fine. I didn't feel like eating so sue me for wasting food. I'm feeling nothing because it was nothing. I'm done repeating myself again and again." She hollered, breathing heavily.

"Dove" He took a step forward and she pushed him away from her

"Don't touch me." She snapped, her voice betraying her "Just leave me alone, For god's sake leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you or anyone for the time being because you don't believe me. You didn't believe me when I said I saw him in the lobby, you don't believe me now so why are you here? Just leave me alone. Go do your work. Stop wasting time on me, Rajveer. You have far better things to do than stand here and worry about someone like me. Someone...who...murdered her mother. You said I murdered her. Everyone....believes...it. I should too." 

The thoughts of self-loathing came back to her, She had sealed her demons before but a single scratch from her past was bringing everything back to her.

"Mahira Stop. You're not thinking." he gritted her name, his face fading into coldness.

"Oh, I'm thinking just fine. I'm fine, so much fine anyone could be when...when they bump into the m...man who I'm seeing for the last 15 years." She murmured in the silent room, "I...I told you I s...saw h...him. I...I couldn't be wrong. I...I have seen him becoming my nightmare. How can you be mistaken about your biggest fear?" She was shaking, her knees giving up. She fell back but his quick reflexes held her back, her body giving up its strength, sinking to the floor. His arms steadied her movements.