Marvel One-Shot 2 - Stroki

General #9 - "I may have accidentally sort of adopted five cats."

Stroki

Stephen heard someone struggling up the stairs and, being the hero he is, he went to help them, only to see Loki, his lover. Loki was carrying a large box, and kept almost falling down the stairs.

"Dear, you do realize we have an elevator in the compound right?" He asked, sarcasm in his tone.

"Darling, you know I don't trust that midgardian death trap, but could you possibly help me?" Loki replied, resting his chin on the box. Stephen chuckled and took the box from him, it wasn't actually very heavy, but it was triple the size of Loki's thin frame.

"Do you mind sharing what is in this box? Or will it forever remain a secret?" Stephen glanced behind him at Loki, a few steps behind him.

"I'll tell you when we get it to our room." Loki promised, a look of concern flashing across his face.

"Is everything alright, Dear?" Stephen questioned, seeing the worry in Loki's eyes.

"When I tell you what's in the box, you.. You have to promise you won't get mad at me." Loki spoke in a tone so weak, it almost came across as a whimper, this led Stephen to place down the box on the landing, turning around quickly and grabbing Loki by the waist, pulling him close.

"Dear, I could never be mad at you, I promise, unless you summoned some sort of demon creature thing from another dimension, that might be slightly annoying." Stephen joked, though his voice was sincere. Loki grinned, giving Stephen a quick peck on the cheek.

"Now come on, I can't wait to show you what I've gotten!" Loki cheered, lightly pushing Stephen towards the box. "We're almost there! It's just down the hall!" This excitement seemed very out of character, Stephen thought.

"Ok, ok, I know where our room is Loki." Stephen chuckled, picking up the box.

They were now sitting in their bedroom, Loki's eyes glowing with excitement, he went to open the box, then hesitated.

"So," Loki paused, "I may have accidentally sort of adopted five cats." He finished, looking up at Stephen, sitting in the arm chair.

"You accidently adopted five cats?!" Stephen shouted in surprise, Loki slightly curling in on himself, as he sat on the floor.

"Well yes, um.. There was this nice lady, on the corner of the street, by the bookstore, and she... she had this box of five little kittens, they were all black, she had a sign that said she couldn't take care of them, when she offered them to me.. I just couldn't resist, they were so cute!" Loki rambled, looking at the floor, fiddling with his hands.

"Sorry," Stephen cut him off before he could continue, "For raising my voice, I was just surprised is all, Dear, let's see them." Stephen clarified. Loki opened the box gently, Stephen leaned over and looked inside, in awe of the kittens curled up together.

"Can we please keep them Darling?" Loki begged, already holding one of the kittens close and petting it.

"Well, maybe we can keep one, the others we will help find good homes for, sound good Dear?" Stephen explains, a gentle expression on his face as Loki rubs his cheek against the cat he is still holding.

"Can we name her Twilight please?" Loki asked, looking up at Stephen with such innocence that he just about melted where he sat.

"Sure, now why don't we head to the pet store for supplies?" Stephen suggested, helping Loki up.