Mystreet - Garrance

The day trans, autistic, Laurance left home.

TW: Abuse, Alcohol, Injury, Hospitals, Blood, Screaming, Deadnaming, Transphobia, Religion, Food, Running away

Laurance was tired. He was tired of the blank stares from his parents, the empty 'love you's from his siblings. He was tired of being someone he's not.

He was almost 18, almost able to get a place of his own with Garroth, they had already been searching for apartments, Garroth was already old enough but he wanted to wait for Laurance.

He walked into the dining area for dinner, sitting at the table next to his twin sister.

"How nice of you to join us Laura, Morgan, why don't you lead us in prayer tonight?" His father spoke from the head of the table. The family bowed their heads as the youngest gave grace.

"Laura, how is school going?" His mother broke the uncomfortable silence of dinner.

"I told you that's not my name," Laurance mumbled.

"What was that, sweetheart?" His mother asked, eyeing her husband wearily as he set down his fork harshly, staring daggers into his child.

"I said that's not my name. My name is Laurance," Laurance said through gritted teeth, hand in a tight fist around his fork.

"We've been over this. You are my daughter. You are Laura Zvhal, none of this nonsense will he tolerated in this house," the man stood up, raising his voice.

"Not at dinner, Frank," Laurances mother tried, gesturing to the children present.

"Millie. Let me deal with this," Frank scolded his wife.

"Laura. Clean up your dinner and come to my office," the father instructed his child.

"That's not my name!" Laurance slammed his glass down on the table, causing it to shatter, leaving his hand bloody.

"Laura, control yourself! Clean this up right this instant," Frank demanded.

"No. You don't get to tell me what to do. Not until you accept me. Not until you address me as who I am," Laurance denied, finally having enough.

"No? No?! That's it. Come with me," Frank shouted, grabbing his child harshly by the arm, dragging him across the floor. Laurance tried to yank out of his grip, tears in his eyes as he screamed.

His mother continued to eat dinner as she watched, that blank stare still on her face as she took a sip of her wine. Paul and Lydia looked away from the scene, acting as if it wasn't happening. Morgan had fear in her eyes.

"Laura I raised you to be a good girl," Frank shouted as he dragged Laurance all the way up the stairs, Laurance trying to grab something, anything, to stop himself from being pulled.

"I'm not a girl," Laurance gasped between screams. His father yanked him up, shoving his face against the wall, holding his arm behind his back.

"Do not talk like that. Ever," his father deadpanned.

"Let go! You're hurting me! Get off of me!" Laurance yelled for help, hoping maybe just this once, his family will help him instead of tuning him out.

His father pulled Laurances head back by his hair and smashed his face against the wall, pushing his arm up further. Laurance let out a blood curdling scream as he heard a crack.

"Help me! Please! Paul, Lydia, Mom, anyone! Help me!" Laurance sobbed. He was forced to endure his father's rage until his father got tired. Laurance was left laying on the floor of the upstairs hallway, face covered in blood and blossoming bruises. His arm was bent at a weird angle and his couldn't put any weight on his left leg.

He half crawled to his bedroom, locking the door behind him. He hopped around on one foot, using one arm to find a duffel bag and throw everything he could into it. He ended up with his masculine clothes, phone, chargers, meds, laptop, headphones, and a few books.

He waited until he heard his parents door close for the night. In the dead of night, he crept out of the room, leaning on the wall for support, duffel bag over his good shoulder.

He snuck out the front door, seeing a light flick on in his parents window as he hobbled down the driveway. He hid in the neighbors bushes as his father opened the front door, wearing his pajamas.

"Laura! Laura I know your out here!" He called, Laurance stayed silent.

"Laura I'm sorry, come home, I'll be better," he continued. Laurance held in a scoff at the words he had heard countless times before.

Eventually his dad went back inside and Laurance took his chance. He hobbled down the street, falling a few times. Eventually he made it to the modern grey brick house at the end of the road. With practiced ease he unlocked the back gate, silently closing it behind him. He gathered some small rocks, tossing them at the window in the middle. It took more time than usual, seeing as he was throwing with his left hand rather than his right.

Eventually a little light clicked on in the room. The familiar blond boy cracked his window, gasping as he saw the state of his boyfriend.

"Gosh, um, meet me in front," Garroth whispered. Laurance nodded, leaving the backyard, relocking the gate behind him.

Garroth met him halfway around the house.

"Laurance, oh god, come on, I'll get you inside," Garroth said. He picked Laurance up carefully, wincing at the pained noise Laurance made.

Garroth set Laurance on the counter in the bathroom attached to his room, throwing the bag on the bed.

"What happened, my love?" Garroth asked sadly, really taking in Laurances condition as he turned on the light.

"I can't go back Gar, I can't, he'll kill me," Laurance cried into his hand.

"We will deal with that ok? First can I look at your injuries?" Garroth asked, Laurance nodded. Garroth dug around under the sink, pulling out a basket of medical supplies. Laurance flinched as Garroth brought a damp towel to his bloody face.

"May I touch, my love?" Garroth asked, Laurance hesitated before nodding.

An hour and a half later, the blood was gone, the scrapes were cleaned and patched, and the worst of the bruises were being iced.

"Your arm, I... this needs an actual doctor," Garroth said, gesturing to Laurances arm, still bent at a weird angle.

"Give me a moment, would you?" Garroth says, leaving the room. He comes back in about 10 minutes later, trailed by his mom.

"I didn't know what to do, mom's a doctor though so I thought she could help," Garroth explained, sitting on the toilet lid and resting a hand on Laurances right knee as Zianna examined the boys arm.

"This is a bad break hun, you'll have to go to the ER for this, if it was a minor fracture I might've been able to deal with it here but this is much worse than I thought. Garroth how did you say he got hurt?" Zianna turned to face the boys, a frown on her face.

"Um he fell off his roof when he was trying to trim a tree, right Laur?" Garroth lied, giving Laurance a look. Laurance nodded.

"Oh dear, I would take him but I've got work soon," Zianna sighed, looking at the clock.

"Ill take him mom," Garroth smiled, rubbing Laurances knee.

"If your sure, tell them to have a look at the rest of the injuries too, just in case," Zianna yawned, leaving the room.

"Alright, I'm gonna carry you to the car alright?" Garroth said.

5 hours later Laurance was released from the hospital, a cast on his arm and a brace on his foot.

"While you were in surgery I bought the apartment you really liked, the one downtown. We can start moving in tomorrow," Garroth informed Laurance. Laurance smiled at him.

He never went back.