ST - Byler

Kinda like a 5+1 but also nothing like that. Will has called Mike crying because of Lonnie countless times over the years, but he will never forget the last time.

TW: Child abuse, Slurs, Homophobia, Blood, Injury, Police, Child abandonment, Crying

"Mike, it's for you!" Karen called as she held the phone out.

"Hello?" Mike spoke into the phone.

"M-Mike? Is t-that you?" Will had cried softly.

"Will? Yeah it's me, what's going on?" Mike frowned.

"Mike, can I... can I come over? My dad... he was mad an... an.." Will trailed off.

"Of course you can come over, want me to come get you?" Mike had asked.

"...please?" Will mumbled.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes!" Mike promised, hanging up the phone.

4 minutes later Will came running to the boy on his bike. Lonnie stood in the doorway.

"That's right! You run away you little fag!" Lonnie had shouted, slamming the door.

"Jeez, you ok Will? Hop on," Mike shuddered, gesturing to the back of his seat.

"Yeah, thanks for getting me Mike," Will buried his face in Mikes back as he pulled away from the Byers home.

~

"Mike! Wills calling!" Nancy shouts from the kitchen.

"Tell him I'm on the way!" Mike calls back, already racing to hop on his bike.

Mike had to practically scrap Will off the living room floor, a bloody baseball bat was laying right by his head, many large gashes in his back.

"Let's get you to my place, I'll patch you up," Mike says, lifting Will onto the back of his bike.

Will laid shirtless on Mike's bed, laying on his stomach as Mike cleaned and bandaged the wounds on his back.

"Thank you, Mike, for always being here for me," Will expressed.

"Of course Will, I'll always be here for you," Mike replied with a smile as he finished with the last bandage.

"Take this, we can talk easier, whenever you need it," Mike handed Will a walkey talkey before he left to go home.

~

"Mike? Mike are you there?" Wills voice awoke Mike in the dead of night.

"Will? What's going on?" Mike asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he grabbed the device from beside his bed.

"I, I'm outside your house, I ran from my dad, can you let me in please?" Wills voice broke the static again.

Mike got up and opened the front door, wrapping Will in a hug, seeing he had a black eye and one of his front teeth were missing.

"Come on in, I'll get an ice pack and then we can go lay down," Mike offered, pulling the small boy inside.

"Thanks Mike," Will whispered.

"No problem," Mike smiled tiredly.

In the morning they woke up tangled together, Wills head on Mike's chest.

~

Will hadn't shown up to school one day. It worried Mike. He knew his boyfriend would never willingly miss school. At some point the two had started dating.

"Will? You there dude?" Mike spoke into his walkey talkey during lunch.

"Mike, you should be at school, why are you talking to me?" Wills voice sounded strained.

"So should you, where are you?" Mike countered.

"I'm at home, something happened last night and mom and Johnathon said I should stay home," Will explained.

"What happened? Are you ok? Was it Lonnie?" Mike frowned.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be there tomorrow Mike, I love you," Will evaded.

"That's not an answer Will, I love you too, I'm on my way," Mike sighed.

When Mike climbed through Wills window he gasped, seeing purple bruises all the way around Wills neck.

"What happened, Will?" Mike demanded, pulling his lover into a hug.

"He got mad, called me some slurs, he got madder cause I was crying so he tried to shut me up, then mom came home," Will shrugged, burying his face in Mike's shoulder.

"Im sorry baby," Mike said, kissing him.

~

"Mike," The muffled voice came from Mike's room.

"Excuse me," Mike stood up from the table, putting his dinner plate in the sink before going to his room.

"Will? You still there?" Mike asked through the device.

"Mike! You're there," Wills voice came back, Mike could tell he was sobbing.

"I'm on my way, is everything ok?" Mike asked, throwing on his jacket before grabbing his bike and pushing through the snow. Wil hadn't responded which scared him.

He got to the Byers house and noticed that like usual three cars were there, Joyce's and Johnathon's, but Lonnies car was gone, replaced by Hoppers police truck. That scared him more, he dropped the bike and ran inside.

Joyce was talking to Hopper on the couch, Johnathon and Will talking quietly and hugging in the kitchen.

"Will?" Mike asked quietly, not wanting to intrude on the brothers. Johnathon let go of Will, who ran to Mike, hugging him tightly, tears were running down his face but he was smiling.

"Mike! He's gone Mike, he's not coming back," Will cheered. Mike cheered and picked Will up, spinning a circle.

Wills hair lifted up and Mike noticed a bright red mark on his forehead, just at the hairline. He set Will down and ran his hand by it, but didn't touch. A silent question.

Johnathon had gone to talk to Hopper, so it was just them in the kitchen. Will looked to a spilled kettle of boiling water on the floor. Mike also realized that Wills hair was damp.

"Did he.. did he try to pour boiling water over you..?" Mike gasped. Will just nodded.

"Johnathon walked in the kitchen cause he heard a commotion, he slapped the kettle out of his hand and called the police. Dad grabbed his stuff and left. He said he wasn't coming back," Will looked back to Mike with a smile again.

"I'm so happy for you Will," Mike smiled back, kissing him gently.

"Now let me look at that burn," Mike shook his head.