Mystreet - Garrance

Not a songfic but it's inspired by Insincere Everclear. I have recently found out that the lead singer of McCafferty has done a lot of really disgusting things and I do not support Nick at all but the songs are really good though. Also yes more trans Laurance angst. In this Laurances parents are much bad and he has a twin, Lydia, a younger sister, Morgan, and an older brother, Paul.

TW: Alcohol, Abandonment, Child abuse, Transphobia, Estranged family

Laurance was sitting on the kitchen floor, leaning against the cabinet. In his hand he had a bottle of hard liquor.

"Laur? Are you drinking?" Garroth asks when he find him. Garroth had been out shopping previously.

"Mhm," Laurance hummed, taking another swig.

"You never drink, is everything alright?" Garroth frowned.

"Been thinkin'," Laurance slurred.

"About what, Laur?" Garroth asks, sitting down next to Laurance.

"Family. My siblings, Lydia, Paul, and Morgan," Laurance choked out.

"You haven't talked about them in a while, something happen to get them on your mind?" Garroth sighed.

"A letter, from Lydia. God she hasn't reached out since we were teenagers, 7 years of nothing and she sends me a letter out of nowhere," Laurance scoffs.

"What was the letter about?" Garroth asked carefully.

"It started as an apology, how she's grown up and realizes that the things she said were wrong. That she accepts me as her brother. Said she misses me. Then she invited me to her wedding, she said the whole family is going to be there," Laurance explained, anger evident in his voice.

"You don't have to go," Garroth offered.

"She wants me to give a speech or something," Laurance sighed.

"You have no obligation to be there, she will understand, after what they did to you in that family," Garroth comforted him, rubbing his back as Laurance took a moment to chug more alcohol.

"Got me thinking, the letter, so I found them on Instagram, my family. I'm an uncle. Paul has a little girl, names Lauren. Morgan got into Harvard last year. M...Mom and Dad have a company now. Dedicated to finding runaway kids. Website page even says they we're inspired to start it after losing their 'little girl.' God they never just.. I'm sorry," Laurance ranted, leaning heavily on Garroth as the alcohol took more and more effect on him.

"Laur..." Garroth didn't know what to say.

"God, I'm just like him aren't I? Drinking away my family problems. At least I don't beat my son so hard he has to run," Laurance snorted.

Garroth remembered that incident. Where Laurance got such a harsh beating that he limped all the way to Garroths place down the street. It was 2 in the morning when Garroth woke up to rocks hitting his window. He and Laurance went to the house two days later and got Laurances things. He didn't go back after that.

"Can we go to bed, Gar? I'm sleepy," Laurance slurred.

"Of course love, give me the bottle and I'll put it away," Laurance complied, watching with lazy eyes as Garroth moved around the kitchen. He barely registered being picked up until he was laying in bed, curled up on Garroths chest.

He had a killer hangover in the morning, but at least he has Garroth to help him.