SDMI - Fraggy

Velma and Shaggy aren't together but she still makes him hurt himself with the elastic because she says Fred won't love him if he continues to sound so ignorant.

TW: Self-harm, Forced self harm, Crying, Elastic snapping,

Fred didn't think anything of the bruises on his boyfriends arm at first. He knew Shaggy was clumsy and had thin skin. He always said it was because of his metabolism but the gang all knew it was because of the weed he tried to keep a secret.

"Zoinks!" Shaggy shouted.

"Did you find something, Shaggy?" Daphne asked, walking over to the lanky boy by the bookshelf.

"Uh, no, just, thought I saw something, I didn't though, like, don't worry," Shaggy winced as he said like.

As soon as Daphne shrugged and turned away he snapped the rubber band again, holding in his whimper. Scooby-Doo whined at his side.

"Raggy," he muttered in a hushed tone.

"I'm fine Scoob, let's keep looking," Shaggy brushed off. Scooby shook his head, glancing over at Velma, baring his teeth slightly.

"I found something guys! Velma come take a look at this code," Daphne cheered, holding up a paper that was hidden under the rug.

While the girls were occupied, Fred decided to talk to his boyfriend.

"How are you doing over here, Shag?" Fred said, sneaking an arm around the tallers waist, causing him to practically jump out of his skin.

"Like, you scared me Freddie!" Shaggy gasped. Fred chuckled and apologized. He didn't miss the subtle look of regret that flashed across Shaggys face.

"What's up, Shag?" Fred frowned.

"Nothing, you should go check out what the girls found, I'll keep looking at like, all these crazy old books," Shaggy half smiled. Fred turned around to leave but froze, hearing a snap from behind him.

"What was that?" He called out in surprise. Both girls turned to him. Velma looked to Shaggy with a knowing smile and Daphne looked to Fred in shock at the outburst.

"I..um... probably, l- that spooky phantom or something," Shaggy chuckled nervously. Scooby gave him away though. He nuzzled against the boys wrist, pawing at the rubber band.

"Shag, whats this?" Fred frowned, taking Shaggys bruised wrist.

"I um.." Shaggy didn't have any excuses this time. He looked to Velma for help. She looked away, feigning the same concern written on Daphnes face.

"Shaggy, have you been.. hurting yourself?" Daphne gasped. Fred's face sunk even more as it was said out loud.

"Its a um.. it's a way to like, make me stop saying like so much," Shaggy grimaced, going to snap the band again. Fred gripped his hands gently before he could. Shaggy looked to Velma again.

"Where did you learn about this Shaggy? We all love the way you talk, the way you say like all the time makes you, you, it's makes you the one that I love," Fred sighed sadly.

"But.. like, Velma said that you wouldn't like me unless I stopped saying like. She, like, said it makes me sound ignorant," Shaggy explained. Velma shot him an angry look before falling into a look of confusion. Fred didn't take her confusion seriously. Neither did Daphne. And definitely not Scooby.

"Velma? Why would you do that?" Daphne asked, rage seeping into her voice.

"I uh," Velma turned to make an escape but Scooby-Doo was blocking the exit, growling lowly, "get out of my way you mangy little mutt!" Velma shouted.

"Hey, like, don't talk to Scoob like that!" Shaggy spoke up.

Scooby let her pass, knowing they would deal with her later, instead, the three turned to Shaggy. He was shaking like a leaf.

"Daph, do you think we could have some privacy?" Fred asked, Daphne nodded, running off after Velma.

As soon as Daphne was gone, Shaggy dropped to the floor, scrambling for his dog, burying his face in the soft fur. Fred sat next to them, rubbing Shaggys back.

"Why don't you give me that band, baby, and I'll get rid of it for good," Fred offered, Shaggy threw his hand out to Fred, who carefully removed the elastic, throwing it across the room.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I like, I let people get to me like that," Shaggy apologized, tears welling in his eyes.

"Don't apologize. Of course you would trust Velma, you've been best friends for ages, baby, that's not your fault. She should never have taken advantage of you like that," Fred comforted, tucking himself closer to Shaggy.

"Like, you're too good to me,  Freddie," Shaggy smiled, moving to tuck his face into Fred's chest but keeping an arm around the dog sitting on him.

"And you deserve even more," Freddie smiled, wrapping his strong arms around the thin man.

"Like, I am totally in love with you, Freddie," Shaggy giggled.

"I love you too," Freddie laughed along.