Gorillaz - 2doc

2D is self destructive in every sense of the word. His band mates want him to get clean, so he tries, yet again. I'm planning on this being really long so it'll probably more than one part. This is vaguely inspired by some fic I saw on ao3.

TW: Drugs, Weed, Smoking, Alcohol, Pills, Addiction, Self harm, Heroine, Throwing up, Crying, Withdrawal, Food, Eating disorder, Suicide attempt,

Noodle watches 2D rummage through the kitchen cabinet where the medicine is kept.

"What are you doing, D?" Russel asks from beside her.

"Loo'ing 'or my 'ills," 2D shrugs, reaching into the very back.

"You won't find them in there," Murdoc says from his spot leaning on the doorway, startling the other three. In his hand he held the pill bottles 2D was searching for.

"Oh, fanks Mudz," 2D says, going to take the three bottles of various pain killers.

"Ah ah, I'm keeping these. You can have one Tylenol. That's it for now," Murdoc shakes his head.

"What? Bu' I nee' em all," 2D says, going to reach for them again.

"No, you want them all, you want to get high. We are all done with this though. You aren't doing this to yourself anymore," Murdoc denied sternly.

"Mudz, please," 2D pleaded quietly. He wrapped himself in his boney arms.

"I nee' em, Mudz, please," 2D looked to his other bandmates for help. Noodle shook her head and Russel looked down.

"No, I'll give you a Tylenol every 6 hours. For your head. But that's it," Murdoc concluded. 2D continued to plead, tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Stu, but I won't watch you do this to yourself anymore," Murdoc repeated. 2D had been addicted for years at this point. Almost always higher than a kite off of something or other.

It started when Murdoc had hit him with a car the first time. He began to get horrible headaches so his girlfriend, Paula, would always shove a concoction of pills in him to keep him quiet. Eventually she also got him on weed and even heroine. They had broken up 2 years later but the habits stayed with him all these years. Not to mention his self harm and problems with food.

"Fine. Keep em," 2D grunted, going upstairs and locking himself in his bathroom.

He got out his pocket knife and his heroine supplies. He sliced into his arms with the knife, relishing in the sting. Eventually, once he was satisfied with himself, he shot himself up with the drug, sitting spaced out and bloody on the bathroom floor.

When he came back from his trip he cleaned up his arms from the dried blood, wrapping them up in gauze. He threw away the syringe too, going to lay in bed.

"Hey Stu, it's me, I'm coming in," Murdoc announced, entering the dark room. He had a plate in one hand and a glass of water in the other.

"I brought you some dinner and a Tylenol, it's chicken," Murdoc said, setting the food on the bedside table. He sat on the edge of the bed.

"We need to talk, after you eat," Murdoc continued as 2D sat up, taking the pill dry. He picked at the food, stopping as soon as Murdoc seemed satisfied with how much he'd eaten.

"Wha'd we nee' to tal' bout?" 2D asked, even though the answer was obvious.

"I need you to give me all of it. The heroine, the weed, the blades, all of it. I'm sick and tired of watching you slowly kill yourself like this," Murdoc demanded.

"I can't, I nee' it, Mudz. Can't 'elp it," 2D shrugged.

"You can't help it on your own. That's why we are all going to help you through this," Murdoc sighed.

"Mudz I can't. We've do'e fis all 'e'ore. You 'mem'er what ha'ened las' 'ime, don't you?" 2D shook his head. Of course Murdoc remembered. Finding 2D on the bathroom floor. Screaming for Noodle to call 911, for Russ to come and help stop the bleeding. The ambulance ride and the constant beeping.

"I remember, but it won't come to that, Stu. Not this time. Please try, for Noodle and Russ, for me," Murdoc said softly, taking 2Ds bandaged hands in his own. 2D sighed, standing up.

He walked to the closet, pulling a shoebox from the top shelf, handing it to Murdoc. He then walked to his desk, pulling a large black pencil pouch from the drawer, giving that to the green man as well. Finally he went into the bathroom, coming back with various razors and blades. He topped it all off with the pocket knife.

"Is this all of it?" Murdoc asked, looking around for anything suspicious.

"Yeah," 2D mumbled, pulling his knees to his chest as Murdoc left with all of his items.

He woke up 11 hours later, immediately going to the toilet and getting sick. He gripped the edge of the bowl so tight that his shaking fingers turned white.

"Toochi," Noodle sighed, coming in and sitting beside him, holding his hair back.

"Russ! Bring a glass of water in here!" She shouted into the hall. Russ came in just a few minutes later with a water bottle.

"Mudz, nee' Mudz," 2D panted through his heaves, taking a drink of the water. As if on cue, Murdoc entered the crowded bathroom.

"Hi Mudz," 2D grinned lopsided.

"Hey Stu, how ya feeling?" Murdoc crouched next to him, taking Noodles spot.

"Sick, c'ow'ed, 'ired," 2D muttered.

"Russ, Noodle, why don't yall get outta here? I've got him," Murdoc shooed them out.

"There ya go Stu, now it's just us," Murdoc sighed. 2D exhaled deeply, leaning back against him.

"Hur's," he whined.

"What hurts, love?" Murdoc raised an eyebrow.

"E'erythin', head, s'omach, th'oa', a'ms, all hur's Mudz," 2D whimpered.

"I'll give you a Tylenol if you want, but only one," Murdoc offered, running his hands through his singers hair.

"Fank 'od," 2D mumbled.

"You wanna try standing up with me, love?" Murdoc asks.

"Mhm," 2D hummed. Murdoc slowly pulled him to his feet, holding him as the nausea and dizziness hit him.

"You alright?" Murdoc asks.

"Le's 'o," 2D says, swaying back and forth.

"Alright, c'mon then," Murdoc held his hand as they went to Murdocs room.