Gorillaz - 2doc

2D visits Murdoc in prison. They reflect together.

TW: Jail, Self harm, Bullying, Nightmares, Trauma

"2D?" Murdoc gasped as he was led into the visitation room. It was a cell with a table and two chairs in the middle.

"They all tol' me not to come," 2D said, sitting at the table already.

"Why did you then?" Murdoc asked, a slight smile on his face.

"Missed you, not the same without you 'round. House feels 'mpty an' quiet," 2D muttered, looking down.

"I missed ya too, D," Murdoc sighs, dropping into the chair opposite of the lanky man.

"I been thinkin' a lot, bout tha beach," 2D admitted.

"Have you, now?" Murdoc asks, tapping his fingers on the table in a rhythm.

"Yeah, still got nigh'ares bout it, was 'cary," 2D nods.

"I'm sorry about all that, D, I..I thought you'd be safe down there, with the fighting up top.. just never wanted you to get hurt," Murdoc leaned forward, voice softer than 2D had ever heard it.

"I know, can't change tha pas'," 2D nodded.

"Its really good to see you again, Stu," Murdoc stuck his hand out. 2D took the hand, squeezing it gently. Murdoc noticed the marks as 2Ds sleeve rolled up a little.

"Been cutting again, have we?" Murdoc asked sadly. 2D quickly took his hand back, pulling down his sleeve and tucking his arms under the table.

"Dunno what you on about, Mudz," 2D tried to act oblivious.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. Let me at least check they're healing properly," Murdoc said, reaching out again.

"I... fine," 2D hesitantly put his arm back on the table, Murdoc took it gently. He rolled back the sleeve, inhaling sharply as he saw countless angry red lines in varying levels of healing.

"Stu...Why are you doing this again..?" Murdoc asked, looking him in the eye.

"It's hard, Mudz, keep on spiralin'," 2D explained sadly.

"When you go home, you have to promise me you'll clean these and try to stop," Murdoc demanded.

"I will," 2D agreed, pulling his arm away.

"So, how's the new guy?" Murdoc leaned back in his chair.

"Ne'er as good as you Mudz. He keep on makin' fun o' me for not tyin' my shoes," 2D shrugged.

"Not your fault you can't tie em, how are you supposed to do that when ya can barely see?" Murdoc shook his head.

"Tha's what Russ keep on tellin' him," 2D laughed.

"How are they? Russ and Noodz I mean," Murdoc leaned forward, intrigued.

"They're alright. Noodles got erself a girlfrien' now. Very nice, she is. Russ been cookin' a lot, says it helps him chill out," 2D exclaims.

"A girlfriend ay? Tell her I'm happy for her, will ya? Is Russ any good at cooking?" Murdoc pushed.

"I will! An' he's very good! Ace thinks he woulda been a chef if he ain't ne'er joined tha band," 2D smiles.

"Ace.. hes the bassist guy right? The one who makes fun of ya?" Murdoc questions. 2D nods.

"What bout you, how it been here?" 2D asks.

"Its been alright I guess, foods crap though," Murdoc shrugs.

"O'ly a couple 'ore months 'ight? Then you comin' home?" 2D asks.

"Yup, 63 days then I'm outta this hell hole," Murdoc grins.

"I cant wai' til you co'e back," 2D returns the smile.

"Next time you come and see me, bring Noodle and Russ, will ya? Ive been missing them too while I'm in here," Murdoc asks. 2D nods.

"Times up!" A guard calls, entering the room. Murdoc gets up to leave with the guard.

"Wait, Mudz," 2D calls out, stopping Murdoc in his tracks.

"I lo'e you," 2D says, running around the table to pull Murdoc into a bone crushing hug. He hugs back just as tight.

"I love ya too, Stu, come back soon for me," Murdoc mutters into the tallers' shoulder.

"I will. Be safe," 2D says, letting go.

"Don't forget what I said about those cuts, D, I'm serious," Murdoc calls as he's led out of the cell, another guard leading 2D back out as well.