Part 2

Part 2: -

Micky's POV

I know I broke Ella but I still loved her, I couldn't get her out my head. Everything she did I always remembered. Mostly everything in my past is connected to her, every fight, and every sweet moment. You know, it's hard to forget your first love. Maybe we weren't meant to be but I just can't seem to let her go. I know she's dyed her hair an eccentric red colour, Lottie told me. Although Lottie hated me for what I've done to Ella, she's still one of my friends and she promised to help me get her back or at least try and get her back. I just wanted her to be mine again, is that too much to ask? I also asked Lottie to keep it a secret that we were playing here tonight since I just had to see her. It pained me how badly I'd hurt her but it was for the best because if she was still with me then she'd be hurt even more because there'd be rumours going round that I was sleeping with other people, cheating on her when I wouldn't really be. It was for her own safety but she can't realise that.

"You alright Micky?" Greg whispered in my ear.

"Just dandy" I replied sarcastically. I saw her get up on the dance floor with a random stranger. He looked shifty but there was nothing I could do now, I wasn't her boyfriend anymore, I gave up that title a year ago.

We'd finished our set and were able to enjoy ourselves for the rest of the night. I needed this time to talk to Lottie, I knew she wanted an explanation as to why I broke it off with Ella, no one really knew why but it was time to come clean.

"Hey Lottie" I said sitting down in Ella's seat. I knew Lottie wasn't exactly pleased to see me but everyone needed to be heard out at times and this was mine.

"Hi Micky" She bluntly replied. Lottie is stubborn at times, it's just her.

"Look, I know you want an explanation as to why I ended things with Ella but it's a tad complicated. I thought I was protecting her, I was entering a singing competition and the public have a tendency to put you with your fellow contestants or other celebrities. I didn't want her hurt but I see that I ended up hurting her worse and I apologise for the Lottie. Also the reason I never told anyone about me joining district3 was because I knew everyone would take the piss. I know my friends would've been happy about it but I was scared in all honesty"

"Scared about what Micky? That girl out there on the dance floor loved you like freaking crazy and she still does to this day, why I've no freaking idea but she does and you just ripped her heart out like nothing else and you say you were protecting her? Micky, you left her in the lurch after you were gone, she cried her eyes out and she still does. Whenever she reminisces about the past she cries and the reason she cries is because you're in all of her memories. Everything she done, you were there with her. When she overcame her fear of heights, you were there. You were there when you both had the miscarriage; you held her hand all through it. I've had to put up with her tears and moans every time she thought of something that included you. Micky you've no idea what I've gone through, what Maria and Rachel go through each and every day when they find Ella. Ella wakes up with puffy eyes and there's been bags appearing under her eyes. Ella always slept for the required 8 hours each night, now she's lucky if she gets about 4 maybe 5. Micky you've broke her and I'm tired of picking up the pieces now it's time you sorted out your own mess. You might still be one of my friends but when you hurt Ella, you hurt me too in some weird odd way. Micky, you are the only one who can sort it out with Ella, I don't care if you don't become lovers again, at least try and be friends again because you two were the best of friends before you became all smooch. At least try"

"Lottie, don't you think I have tried? When I broke up with her, I wanted to turn back time and not say anything. I miss her more than anything and I still love her too. When I was romantically linked to anyone, my heart sank even lower. I knew Ella would've read it and knowing her she would've pinned the image to a dart board and threw dart at it in anger and jealousy because you and I know that she's a jealous person and I know that's what she's trying tonight and it's working but I gave up the boyfriend title last year when I ended things. Look, I was scared in case the papers hurt her, tore her down, found out about the past things we've gone through. I couldn't handle it if the papers found out about the miscarriage. Lottie, it was better for her if she didn't have to go through it. You know date me, I wanted to tell her why I was breaking up with her but I just couldn't bring myself to say it so I took the cowards' way out and just told her it was over. I know I told her I didn't want her to get hurt but the miscarriage was the real reason for it. The paparazzi find out everything and if they found out that then both our lives would be over. My parents and hers didn't even know she was pregnant. We were planning on telling them the day she had the miscarriage. Lottie, I did try and reason with her. Well I got as far as dialling her number before calling it quits. I got scared Lottie, I was scared that she'd just hang up on me without hearing me out. I missed her; I missed her voice, her touch and her hugs especially. I'll try again but if it all fails, I'll leave her and I won't look back, I know it'll hurt both of us but it'll be better if I'm not around no more. I know I'll need to come back and visit my parents but I'll try not to bump into Ella, after all she deserves happiness and I'm sorry I can't give her it"