Part 16

Part 16: -

Ella’s POV

The only reason I asked Micky to sing to me was because I couldn’t handle the talk about me dying anymore. I know it’s a reality I might have to face soon but I just hoped for a miracle. I needed one right now.

   I awoke in Micky’s arms, it felt nice but it sort of felt wrong at the same time. I’ve no idea why it felt wrong but it did. Although, Micky was my only love, it felt like I didn’t belong here. I didn’t belong in his life, even though we’re best friends.

   I untangled myself from his arms. I made sure he didn’t waken before I left his room. As I walked downstairs, I got nervous. I was nervous for facing everyone. Although I had seen them last night at dinner, I was still nervous. I knew Dan wanted to say a lot of things but couldn’t because Micky was there. I don’t know why he was so nervous.

   I walked in the living room and Dan was the only one awake. Should I run or what?

“Ella, I won’t eat you,” He said uncannily.

“Good but Dan, if you want to have a go at me, go ahead. I know it was partly my fault, I drove Lottie away yesterday”

“Ella, I’m not blaming you. Micky told me what happened 2 weeks ago when you asked Micky back out. I was just wondering if you knew what was up with Lottie”

“If I knew, I would tell you but unfortunately Lottie’s pretty secretive in her personal life. The last time she was like this was when her mum was severely low on money and Lottie had to turn to escorting to get by. I probably shouldn’t have said that since I was the only one to know”

“Lottie, used to be an escort?”

“Yeah, it’s how she became pregnant. She picked up Alex one night, but I think that was out of spite - on Alex’s case and they got drunk together and ended up having unprotected sex. I probably shouldn’t be saying this because it’ll come back badly reflected on me”

“Ella, I’m just trying to help Lottie. I like her so damn much and she’s being so distant”

“That’s Lottie for you though. She’s a little weird but she can be a bitch at times, like yesterday. Sometimes she doesn’t mean her words but other times she does. Although, I thought I knew Lottie, obviously I don’t”

“Ella, maybe if you just talk to her. Maybe she’ll tell you”

“Fat chance, Dan. I wasn’t meant to find out about her escorting but I did. She was shocked when I accidentally stumbled upon her asking a customer if they wanted to do it. I also offered her money to get by but she wouldn’t take it. I tried Dan”

“Ella, you tried and that’s the main thing. I just feel like the third wheel here because Micky has you and he’s got to make for you both being a year apart and Greg has Maria so I’m the loner. I think it’s best, I just go home to Wales”

“Dan, don’t give up. Go speak to Lottie; she’ll need you more than ever if something is really wrong. Just be as supportive if you can. Right now, I have to go home and see to a few things. Tell Micky, I’ll see him later but go see Lottie. Don’t give things up” I said as I made my way out the front door. I slept in my clothes last night, just for the fact that I couldn’t be bothered getting changed but I also didn’t want Micky to see how skinny I was getting due to my treatment.  I wasn’t anorexic but I looked it but I knew it was because of my treatment. I just wasn’t so sure about anyone else.