Part 17

Part 17: -

Micky’s POV

“- dying, her cancer’s spread. We don’t know if she’ll make a recovery but we’re trying. We’ve induced her into a coma for now because her body’s shutting down, fast. She’s in room 145 but she’ll be getting moved soon to the intensive care unit,” The doctor said before he walked away. My princess, dying. It wasn’t meant to be this way. She was meant to live. We were meant to have a happy ending. We were meant to get married, we were meant to have a family. Our own little spuds running around. She can’t leave me, not now.

   I couldn’t take this. I wanted to see her but I didn’t at the same time. I got up and walked out the hospital. I needed air, I needed space to think. I don’t know about anyone else but I certainly can’t handle this. I sat on the grass verge just right next to the hospital, I was reflecting back on the past. Ella needed the happiness. She needed the future, she needed to make things right with her parents, she needed to have a baby to help her forget our first child we lost but most of all she needed the future to make her happy. She’s had so much upset in her life, she needs to experience happiness, true happiness.

“How is she?” Lottie’s voice rung out. When the hell did she get here? I haven’t been sat here long.

“Not so good. She’s actually dying Lottie. She’s riddled with cancer and it’s going to take a miracle for her to get better. She’s been induced into a coma to help her regain some energy but her body’s shutting down fast, no one knows how long we have with her. I’m losing her Lottie and there’s nothing I can do to help” By now, the tears were streaming down my face harder. I’m actually losing her. It’s a reality now, the conversation’s coming true. Everything’s coming true.

“I really shouldn’t have been a bitch to her. I thought she was lying. I thought this whole thing was fake. I’m such a horrible friend. Why didn’t I believe her? Micky, why am I such a bitch?”

“Lottie, you’re insecure. You’ve been hurt so many times and you thought Ella was lying to hurt you more. I also know that you were hurting when Ella lied to you about asking me back out. You felt like it was a slap in the face because you tried a while ago and failed. Lottie, don’t be so harsh on yourself and go talk to Dan, he was talking about going back to Wales because you were ignoring him. Ella convinced him to stay. She also played me for a fool today at her workplace, pretended she was a country girl from the valley. Greg caught on well before Dan and I did, it was funny.  Lottie, she’ll understand if you tell her you’re sorry. When she wakes up, if she does”

“Micky, what if she doesn’t? I’ve lost my best friend and I’m not able to tell her sorry. I don’t deserve to be her friend, I don’t deserve to even have my daughter -“

“Lottie, you deserve friends and you deserve to have Shannon, stop putting yourself down because if we both know Ella, she’ll pull through this. And she will get better. No and ifs or buts. Lottie, we’ll be there for her all the time. I’m not leaving her side; I will tell you everything happening, day in and day out”

“Micky, I’m scared”

“So am I Lottie. She’s my girlfriend and I’m losing her”

“Micky, I’m gonna go see everyone. I’ll send someone out to keep you company” Lottie said as she got up. I was left in my thoughts, yet again. Sometimes you’ve got to put your life ahead of others. However, right now Ella was my priority. I needed my girlfriend back. I needed her smiling bubbly face back. I know I sound so egotistical right now but I just needed her to help me along.