Part 24

A/n: -

Apologies if this is boring, I just wanted to outline the boys' concern for Micky and sorry it's short and thanks for 4000 reads :) 

------------ 

Part 24: -

Dan’s POV

It was amazing news Ella just got, maybe Micky will calm down a little and take each day with ease. When he spoke to me, blaming himself for Ella’s conditions, I broke. It hurt me to think that he was hurting because he thinks he’s responsible for how badly her condition is. I don’t even know why he thinks it’s his fault, you can’t determine the pace cancer spreads or whether the treatment will work.

“You alright superman?” Lottie whispered as she wrapped her arms around me.

“Not really but I will be” I whispered back.

“It’s to do with Micky isn’t it?” She whispered.

“Yeah but I’ll sort it” I nodded. I didn’t wanna worry anyone else with the thoughts Micky told me. I couldn’t. We were finally, maybe getting to a happy place and I didn’t wanna put them down. It wasn’t worth putting them down.

   The rest of the guys and I left earlier than we were gonna leave because we needed to give Micky and Ella time with each other. They deserved it after the meltdown day they’ve both had. I just hope no one pestered me about what happened with Micky, I don’t think I could tell it without breaking down myself. I just didn’t realise Micky was that weak and vulnerable to it all. He really does love her, there’s no denying that. The way he ran to her and apologised for running out was amazing. If only people could see how much they love each other, then there might not be so much hate on Twitter and other things. I saw most of the names people were calling Ella and it sickened me. Here’s Ella, actually dying of cancer and people are telling her to go to die, that she’s a money grabbing bitch and all that bullshit. It’s horrible what people have degraded her as when they don’t even know her.

“Dan, what happened with Micky, when he ran out?” Rachel asked while looking out the car window.

“I’d rather not say because I don’t wanna upset you all. It was quite horrid with what I saw but hopefully he’s finally realising to deal with it”

“Dan, we won’t be upset with it. We’ve had worse with Ella. She broke down when Micky was gone. She started blaming herself for the torment it’s having on everyone. She said it was her fault for Micky being distant from you and Greg. She felt as if she was keeping him there for no reason,” Rachel continued saying.

“Micky thinks it’s his own fault too. He thinks that if he defied Alex and just stayed with Ella then she would’ve got her treatment earlier and then she might’ve been clear by now. He keeps having these thoughts of Ella dying, of her passing right there and then. He was crying earlier when I was speaking to him and I didn’t know what to do so I just stood there and spoke to him. Trying to make him see sense. I also don’t know if this is him just finally realising his feelings from two weeks ago, now. It’s like it but I don’t know. By the way, Greg, did you see the hate tweets towards Ella’s post on Micky’s Twitter?”

“I did and it’s ridiculous but we can’t justify anything. Can we?” Greg said while stroking Maria’s hair.

“I was thinking of doing a twitcam to put some things right. Yeah, we can’t tell anyone that they’re actually engaged but I was thinking of telling people their story, obviously taking out Ella’s cancer. It might make people see sense”