Part 7

Part 7: -

Ella’s POV

I was walking to Micky’s with William in tow. I was for telling Carol and Steve today. I’ll admit, I was pretty petrified. They are after all like my second family; they had taken care of me while my parents just didn’t seem to care. They had a right to know and this was my only chance, since Steve was going away with the boys tonight on the x factor tour.

“Ella, I understand that you’re scared but just tell them the truth like you told Lottie. I know Micky will likely be there but I promise I will help you along, it’s what friends do”

“Thanks William, seriously”

    I chapped 3 times on the front door of Micky’s house. My nerves were slowly getting the better of me. I just wanted to run, I wanted to hide and I most certainly didn’t want to face Micky but unfortunately, I couldn’t run.

“Ella, what are you doing here?” Micky’s sweet voice rung out.

“Micky, I need to speak to your mum and dad. They need to know what you know. I’m also sorry I didn’t tell you but there’s so much more to the whole thing that you don’t know so I need you there too” Micky, just nodded before leading William and I inside. I could vaguely see William cascade his eyes round the room. I know that he is my sort of friend but to me there’s something off with him. It was as if he was sent to do the dirty work for someone. However, who?

    Carol and Steve were sat round their dining table, staring at me excessively. I already felt nervous as hell. My palms were sweaty and my head light. I knew I had to get this over with but how could I tell them? They would go off on one at Micky, blame him for everything but really, he was only the tiny bit of the problem. My parents too were in on this. I hated them for the pain they caused me; they made me feel worthless, like I didn’t belong. And now? Now my grandparents don’t even give two craps about me.

“Ok, um, I know you’re both busy but I need to tell you all this. Micky knows this because he accidentally heard last night” I took a very deep breath inwards and quickly let it out, Carol and Steve were still looking confused. “Steve, you know how you said I was beginning to look very drained and thin? Well there is a reason behind it and it’s not the whole situation with Micky. I actually have cancer. My hair is a wig; I lost my real hair due to the chemotherapy. Well actually, I shaved it all off first and then got a wig before it was actually for falling out. I apologise for not telling you but I could barely come to terms with it myself and I was on a killing spree. I just didn’t feel like me anymore, I wanted to die. Therefore, I began drinking while I was on my medication and it jumbled things up. The doctors tell me I have roughly 6 months to live if I don’t go back for the second round of chemo and radiotherapy. I wasn’t going to go back because I just wanted to accept the inevitable but thanks to Micky and William; I’m giving the medication a second go, hoping to get better”

“Ella, you can tell us everything you know that? But Ella, why did you want to die, if you don’t mind me asking” Carol spoke up.

“I know that but I was scared. I just wanted to keep it to myself until last night were I blurted it out to William because he told me he was also a cancer patient. Moreover, just everything really. Everything with Micky, I just felt angry, I felt deceived, I felt like I wasn’t what he was after, but most importantly, I felt hurt. Also, everything with my parents. They treated me as if I was worth nothing, they weren’t really there. They’d rather see me starve to death than actually give a damn as to what was happening in my life. Do you know that when I moved out last year, they haven’t said two words to me? I’m just invisible to them so I thought it’d be better to just go, be gone,” I answered truthfully. Oh god, I could see the hurt in Micky’s eyes. I’d seriously hurt him with a few simple words. Now he knew what it was like to be heart broken.