Part 20

Part 20: -

Ella’s POV

Is he for real? Seriously, am I dreaming this? Is my medication hallucinating me?

“This is real, right?” I asked, confused.

“It is real, I am proposing to you Ella. I am doing it the cliché way of doing it in a hospital but will you?” He looked sincere. His face was soft and bright. He was happy, maybe this will be for the best and that way we’ll be content.

“Yeah” I said, giving my answer.

“Yeah?” He questioned.

“I’ll marry you”

“Seriously?”

“Micky, shut up and put the damn ring on it. I’m serious, there’s no one else I want to be with” I admitted truthfully. I really couldn’t imagine my life with anyone else but him. Micky slid the beautiful ring on my finger, it was all happening now. I was gonna become a wife. Holy crap, I was becoming a wife.

“Aw crap, I have to grow up now,” I gasped. I couldn’t act like a 5 year old anymore at times. Aw, that sucks.

“You know, you don’t really need to grow up. I love immature Ella,” Micky said with a wink. Ok, he’s sexually frustrated. I knew he was joking though, he always is.

“So, moving on. I take it, this is why you were gone for so long? And it’s also why these long were so antsy, especially Dan and Greg”

“Yeah, I told Dan and Greg first because I was planning on doing it in a few days but after thinking about it, I wanted to do it today since you woke up to horrible news. I also was talking to your parents too. I wanted their permission before I acted. By the way, they are expecting a phone call. I’m not joking either, they are”

“You spoke to my parents?”

“Yeah, I just didn’t want them to walk into something weird and wonder what the hell was going on. And they’d have my balls on a plate”

“How did it go?”

“It scared the crap out of me and I’m not joking. I could barely get what I really wanted to say out my mouth. How can you not be nervous when you’re asking someone’s parents to marry their daughter? You’re petrified of them saying no and then messing up your plans. But they allowed me to do it and there is some good news, kinda from them but I’ll let them tell you” Everyone erupted into fits of laughter at what Micky said, “Just wait until you have to ask the parents for permission, you’ll be as scared as I was” Micky continued to say to Greg, Dan and Ben. Their faces were priceless; it was a mixture of scaredness and austerity. Ben’s was the worst though, which made me think he was planning on doing it soon. I just hoped he did because it’d make Rachel happy and they deserved it, especially with all the bullshit they’ve been through and how long they’ve been together. Everyone deserves a happy ending and I’m getting mine.

“I think it’s time we go, we need to let Ella rest and phone her parents,” Lottie said while getting off Dan’s knee. I’m glad those two have sorted things out but she hasn’t told anyone the reason as to why she was weird, well she hasn’t done it to me anyhow.