Part 22

Part 22: -

Ella’s POV

I was finally moved to my new ward and I have to admit, it was better. I could finally watch TV and I wasn’t bored. I was in a side room all on my own, just the way I liked it. The nurses here were nice too, maybe I’ll finally get a shower because I swear I stink. It’s like a sewage pit smell. How Micky puts up with the stink, I don’t know. Maybe he doesn’t want to say anything in case I scold him one or something or maybe he just doesn’t smell me like I smell me. I don’t know how the human body works, I really don’t but it’s strange.

“Well, they only had strawberry and kiwi flavoured water in the shop so I just got you two bottles for now”

“They’ll do but since I’ve to drink a lot, I don’t think they’ll be there for very long. I’m gonna ask an awkward question, do I stink? Seriously, I feel like I smell so badly” I asked Micky as he sat the bottles down.

“Ella, they gave you a bed bath every day so I don’t think you stink. Never have found you smelly so why the weird question?” Micky said through his laugh.

“I smell so bad right now. I’m not even joking so you can stop laughing”

“Ella, you don’t stink. If you think you smell so badly, I can phone Dan or Greg to get Rachel or Maria to get you a bag packed full of essential stuff”

“Please can you? Can you also get them to put clothes in there? This hospital gown is far too itchy, I’m not joking,” I begged.

“Calm down princess puff. As if, I’d forget about clothes and underwear. You’ll get your under crackers tonight when they come in” Micky said laughing while pulling his phone out. I know I’m being a little demanding but these hospital gowns are embarrassing. They show your ass whenever you turn and being butt naked underneath it, is worse.

“Yello, what’s up” Dan shouted through the phone.

“DAN! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, can you get one of the girls to bring me clothes and essentials in tonight?”

“Whoa, Ella, calm down. I’ll get Maria to do since she probably knows where everything is. So what do you want in?”

“Obviously underwear and pyjamas. Also, cleaning products because I stink”

“Ella, you don’t stink. I’ve told you before, they gave you bed baths each day” Micky spoke up while laughing at my outburst.

“Micky, I don’t care. I stink and that’s that”

“Whatever you say princess puff” Micky said joking.

“Cue the fighting but sure, I’ll get one of the girls, preferably Maria to do it since she knows where everything is but has your mum been yet?”

“Oh my god, yes! Let’s just say that she’s a little demanding over it all but guys, I’m not in ICU anymore, I’m in the renal high dependency unit on level two, I got moved 10 minutes ago”

“Thanks for the heads up, but we’ll see you both tonight” Dan said while cutting the phone off.

“Well princess puff you’re getting your clothes tonight so you can stop saying you stink because you really don’t. I’m serious Ella, you don’t stink”