Part 29

Part 29: -

Ella’s POV

I was looking on Twitter after the recent confession from me. I was scared but some of the hate had died down, a little. Others were still calling me attention seeking and  some others but it didn’t get to me as much, I don’t know why it didn’t get to me but it didn’t faze me anymore. I know that’s a little weird to say since I just broke down about the hate but I couldn’t care anymore. Why should I care? They have nothing over me, just like I have nothing over them.

“How’s the hate now?” Micky asked me as he sat down beside me.

“Not as bad, there’s still some there but we can’t please everyone. Only two weeks until we can finally tell everyone the whole truth about us”

“Yeah and in those two weeks, we’re gonna be backlashed from everyone about it all. Now, do you wanna stay with me while I Skype Sam and Nathan? Or do you wanna leave?”

“I’ll stay; it’ll give me a chance to talk to Nathan and Sam”

“Ok, I’ll be calling Sam first since Nathan’s in America on a different time zone”

“Alright” I said sighing. I was nervous for talking to Micky’s friends but I knew I had to because they were showing up at the wedding in a few weeks…well, hopefully.

   Micky set up his Skype and called Sam first. I was anxious for this call in case Sam called us stupid or something. I really don’t know about this all.

“Hey buddy” Sam said through the screen. Well, he’s cheerful. Kinda.

“Hey Sam, the reason I wanted you on Skype was to ask you something”

“Go on…” Sam said confused.

“Are you free April second?”

“Yeah why?”

“Um, I’m getting married to Ella and I’d really like it if you’d be there”

“Of course, I’d be there. Micky, you’re my friend so yeah but where is this lovely lady?” Sam said. I was scared to peek out from Micky’s back but I had to do it.

“Uh, hi” I said quietly.

“I won’t bite but hello to you too. I see you’re the one to tie Micky down but congratulations to both of you”

“Thanks Sam, but can you please not breathe a word of it until like a few days after? We’re keeping it on the down low for now due to Ella’s condition”

“Hey, I won’t tell a soul. But may I ask what’s wrong with Ella?”

“I have cancer,” I said in a small voice.

“Sorry I asked but I hope you get better, Ella”

“I’m slowly getting there, we hope,” I continued in a small voice.

“So what do I need to wear?” Sam asked shoving the topic to the side.

“A suit, obviously” Micky said with a laugh.