Part 4

Part 4: -

Micky’s POV

I was entertaining the fans I had watching the twit cam when I heard footsteps behind me but I just brushed them off as being my mum or dad. It wouldn’t really be Ella even though she is out there talking to my mum. I was spying on her, I’m a creep alright. I think we’ve established that by now.

   I said goodbye to the fans and headed for the bathroom, I was bursting at the seams. Pretty gruesome I know but it’s only the truth. I noticed a piece of paper with my name on it; it looked so much like Ella’s handwriting. Do I dare read it?

   I took the piece of paper to the bathroom with me, I was scared to read it but I knew I had to. However, I knew it was a goodbye letter. I wanted to fight, as my mum had suggested but I knew it was too late. A year a part and not one of us has the strength anymore. We’re just broke. We’re two strangers, I don’t know much about her and she doesn’t know me anymore.

    I scanned over her letter and broke. It was as I suspected but I still had that glimmer of hope that we’d be together again. Maybe I am delusional but maybe I’m not, maybe we still do stand a chance and maybe it’s not the memories that are keeping us together, maybe it is actually love. I don’t know. Maybe it is time to give up, no matter how badly I don’t want to, it’s best to move on, maybe. Ugh, I wish I could stop arguing with myself mentally. I swear I’m going to end up in a mental institution.

“Micky, you in there?” My dad half shouted while pounding on the bathroom door. I wiped my tears and walked out. I held my head high, I know my family will see past the façade but I needed to be strong, I needed to let go. Ella’s right it isn’t good for either of our health situations. Ever since the breakup, I haven’t actually eaten much, I always busied myself up. I’m pretty stupid but I was too upset to eat. It’s pretty stupid how I can be the one who’s hurting especially when I was the one that broke up with her in the first place but yeah, I’m stupid.

     I sat on my bed in shock, I had no idea what on earth to say or do. I wanted to cry again but I didn’t want to feel so weak. SHIT! I’d left Dan and Greg with Lottie. All three would be drunk by now. Lottie loves her drink whenever she can get out and when she’s out she goes hard. I’m doomed today.

   I quickly ran towards the pub we were performing at, I was lucky enough to find Greg and Dan still sat with Lottie. All three were wasted, just typical them, eh? Luckily they didn’t have to fight to try and save someone you care so much about, maybe it was just lust and maybe it was just memories that was keeping us together but maybe it was love. I know I’m repeating myself but I can’t help it, I let her go and now I’m paying the price but there’s always a silver lining to each cloud.

“Hey mate, did you manage to bed Ella then?” Greg shouted, oh great! He was the rowdy drunk tonight, great.

“No and we ain’t even together so drop it Greg. Go get laid on your own or better yet, get your drunken ass home and sober up. You too Dan” I said sternly. Having both my best friends with killer hangovers tomorrow will not be good. I was so dead.

Ella’s POV

I left Micky’s house after I wrote the letter. Lottie still has my house keys so going home was out of the question so I went to the park. You might think I’m crazy for going to the park since it’s still so dark at night but I had no other option, I wasn’t for walking to the other side of town just to get a set of house keys from Rachel and Maria, they’d kill me.

   I swung back and forth on a child’s swing, I had nothing else to do plus I needed time to think. I needed a way to tell people things; I needed to be able to do it without hurting them. I just wish words came to me so easily but I stumble at the last hurdle. I probably should just tell it as it is but I get nervous, I get scared and I get terrified that I’ll get hurt. That might be a stupid reason as to why I can’t really tell things as they are but it’s part of me.