Part 23

Part 23: -

Micky’s POV

I really worry for Ella, I do. She’s so fragile and skinny and it scares the crap out of me. I know she’s losing the weight due to the cancer and the chemotherapy but it’s frightening. It’s frightening to know she’s not exactly strong enough to support her own weight. I sometimes fear that she’s gonna be coming down the aisle in a wheelchair instead of walking.

“So Micky, did you finally manage to get her knickers on the right way?” Dan asked smugly. Here comes the embarrassment.

“Well, she’s obviously not complaining so I think I did. Why can’t you, put Lottie’s knickers on the right way?” I sarcastically responded.

“Ooh burn!” Greg gimmicked. Dan’s face just flamed bright red. I got him good. Lottie’s face also turned a bright shade of red; those two have obviously done it lately.

“Was he any good Lottie?” I said encouraging the embarrassment more.

“Um…I don’t think I wanna answer that” She stuttered. Ella just looked at me and burst out laughing. I followed behind her laughing along too.

“You enjoying having your left hand as your best friend, Micky?” Lottie gimmicked.

“Pretty much. Although, my left hand hasn’t been in use much,” I said with a smile. This will sound horrid but I haven’t had sex since the last time Ella and I done it. Which, was over a year and a half ago, I think?  I just couldn’t bring myself to even do it with anyone else; it’s as if I’ve remained from abstinence. I know Ella and I were apart for a year, I just couldn’t bring myself to get with another woman. It felt as if I was betraying her. I know it’s stupid to be still interested in a girl after a year apart but we were together for two years, and were best friends for over 16 years so it was just typical to remain in love with her.

   Ella was happy to see her friends and it made me happy. I know she’s still gotta ask the big question to the girls but I know she’s scared in case they say no. She’s scared in case she’s gotta ask other people and she doesn’t know other people. Although we had our own group of friends as children, we were still close and Ella only had Lottie, Rachel and Maria in her group. She loved small and compact friendships, with people whom she could trust. Ella was a strange child but she was a friendly child.

“You all right there marshmallow Micky?” Ella asked.

“Yeah, just thinking,” I answered softly.

“Care to share?”

“No can do, sorry princess puff,” I said with a smile. It’s not that I didn’t want to tell her, I just didn’t want her to know my worries. My fears for her, I know something’s gonna happen that’s gonna be bad but I just don’t wanna worry her. She has too much to worry about right now.

“So either of you got an idea as to when you’re getting married?” Rachel asked above the noise from everyone else talking.

“Not a clue, because I’m still getting chemo, dialysis and I’ve to get physiotherapy. Plus, I’ve got to try and eat more to get my strength up but the hospital food is disgusting, I swear, neither of you would last in here” Ella ranted. I just smiled at her getting caught up in a conversation with Rachel, it’s like she’s totally transformed, like she doesn’t have any worries or anything.