Part 21

Part 21: -

Ella’s POV

It’s scary not having Micky here in the hospital with me. Dan came and picked him up earlier so now it’s only me and my thoughts. It’s me and my worries. However, not all my worries are scary. My major worries right now are my wedding and how we’re going to manage to be unseen and out of sight from fans. It scares me because the fans will probably think I’m marrying onto Micky because he’s gonna be full of money but I’m off of money, I couldn’t give a crap about money. Money does no wonders to a person’s life. All you can really buy with money is shitty clothes, cars and places. Oh and food but it doesn’t buy you happiness. It can’t buy you all the things you need in life.

“Hi, Ella, I’m nurse Cassidy and I’ll be your nurse for this evening. It’s nice to see you awake” The nurse that entered my room said.

“It’s nice to be awake to be honest. Although, it only felt like I was out for a night” I spoke back to her.

“Where’s your boyfriend? Normally he’s curled up on the chair sleeping”

“He’s off home. His mum wanted him home tonight because I was awake. Although he’s much more than my boyfriend now”

“You got married?”

“No, the other thing before marriage…but you’re on the right path”

“You’re engaged? YAY. That’s amazing news, I wish you both the best of luck but I’ve been told to give you sleeping pills tonight. Because you’ve just woken up from a coma, you’ll be awake for a bit but the doctors want you to sleep tonight as you’ll be going through a series of tests tomorrow as far as I know. What time they’ll be at, I couldn’t tell you”

“Do I need to take the pills? It’s bad enough being poked and prodded all day but getting the same treatment tomorrow, ugh! I’ll be black and blue before I even get down the aisle,” I groaned.

“Unfortunately, you do. I’m sorry Ella, it’s hospital policy. The doctors wish for you to be awake while getting these tests done” Ugh, my life is horrible. I swear, I’m gonna be black and blue before I even make it down the aisle.

   Nurse Cassidy held the pills out to me and since I had to abide by hospital rules, I swallowed them. I hated taking pills; they tasted horrible, worse than cigarettes and alcohol. She checked my mouth for me having taken the pills and then left. This was horrible, I felt horrible. I felt dirty, probably haven’t been washed in two freaking weeks. There’s always hope for tomorrow, I’m hoping for that wash.

   I awoke the next morning, feeling as fresh as a spring daisy. I must’ve fell asleep into a perfect sleep, probably needed it even though I’m just out the coma. It is weird, to say that you’ve been in a coma when it just felt like an hours sleep. I get that I was out for two weeks but it didn’t feel like it. Everything felt like it was one big dream, not reality. Being engaged definitely felt like a dream, it felt like a dream because there’s no way Micky would propose at 18 years old. Maybe, he’s did it for the right reasons but maybe also for the wrong reasons. I don’t know, I’m happy to be engaged to him but I’m also scared. I was scared in case this was short lived and that Micky was gonna have to plan a funeral not long after the wedding. That scared the crap outta me.

“Hello there, Miss Montgomery, I’m Dr Patil and I’m conducting your tests this morning. They aren’t going to hurt, hopefully but you will also be getting moved to the Renal High Dependency Unit, just because you have dialysis tubes in your side, we’re having to continue your treatment on the machine just until you’re able to pee. I’m pretty sure you feel as if you’re a pin cushion right now but as you were in the coma, we had to feed you and hydrate you plus, we had to give you medicine. Now, before we start is there anyone you want to be here as we’re conducting the tests?” Dr Patil explained. Everything happening to me sounded revolting and it was only like 8 am in the morning. Damn, I’m gonna be uncomfortable all damn day.