How To: Meet Band Members

Over the past year or two I've met a lot of members. Sometimes I just run into them at shows or I've gone to meet and greets. I have embarrassed myself in front of band members, made their day, and a few even remember me. Here are a few of my tips on how to meet band members and how to act when you meet them. 

If You're At A Show:

STALK. Stalk like crazy.Get to the venue as early as possible so that you can get there before the buses arrive. After the show wait by the tour buses and wait for the band to get on the bus. You may not be able to meet the headliner but I've meet a ton of openers. Sometimes band members will be at their merch table.When I saw PTV and SWS the This Wild Life guys were at their merch table taking pictures and selling t-shirts. When I saw BVB, Set It Off was waiting outside for fans. You just have to do a whole lot of waiting. 

If You're At Warped:

If you're at Warped Tour you have a really easy chance of running into some of your favorite band members. Last year I ran into Tino from Of Mice And Men, Telly Smith from The World Alive, and all of Motionless In White walked past me. I also went to the Falling In Reverse m&g and stood next to the OMAM one. My biggest tip is to get the bands wrist band or t-shirt that you need to meet them. They only have a limited so get to the tent quick. Also if you're just walking around you never know who you'l; run into. 

If You're At A Signing:

Sometimes bands will have a free signing at stores for the first 300 or so fans who show up. If you really want to meet the band get to the store really early. Sometimes you have ot buy a CD to get in or buy a wrist band. If you don't get in try waiting by the store and the band might come out and meet you. 

How To Act:

When I meet band members it either goes really well or really bad. My suggestion is to stay as calm as possible. I totally understand that you might be crying to screaming but try to keep it to a minimum. I usually think of what I am going to say before hand and what I am going to do. When I met Austin Jones I was super awkward because I was over thinking everything. Just be friendly, tell the band how much you love them, and make some memories. My biggest tip for band members to remember you is to be funny. Make them laugh, make up an inside joke between them, or give them a cool gift. Be creative. If you are crafty draw them something. If you know the band likes a certain product get them it. For example, Austin from OMAM always asks for boxers or Alex from ATL has a bunch of crazy socks so add to his collection. Overall just be calm and everything will be okay. 

So that's it  for this update. If there are any tips or stories you guys want to hear comment them! 

Make sure to vote and comment your favorite band/bandmemer(s) you've met!