Concert Story: Neck Deep and State Champs

SOOOOO Last night I saw Neck Deep and State Champs at Webster Hall in NYC. It was an amazing night and I have so so much to tell.

My sister and I got to the venue once doors opened and there were shit ton of people. The venue was very crowded when we got there but I shoved my way to get to the third row.

The first band that played was Like Pacific and they were pretty cool. The lead singer dedicated a song to his dad who died which was pretty rad. Their crowd was pretty chill and thankfully there wasn't too much shoving.

Next was Knuckle Puck and holy shit that was rowdy as hell. I've been in the BMTH wall of death and Knuckle Pucks crowd was even crazier than that. I wish I knew all of their songs but I only knew one. Overall their set was killer and I would love to see them again. Also the lead singer is a cutie look him up.

Finally after waiting 4 months I got to see Neck Deep again. Their set was freaking amazing and I made sure to go extra hard in the pit for them. They played all of my favorites like Gold Steps, Kali Ma, Serpents, Over and Over, December, and basically the entire set list was my favorite. Sadly my phone ran out of storage before the two last songs which sucked but it was nice not having to see a concert through my phone. Ben Barlow is literally my favorite person in the entire world I love him to bits. During Can't Kick Up The Roots I went hard as hell and fell twice crowd surfing. Their heavy pop punk songs sounded just as good on the CD as it is live. They have a perfect stage presence which gets the crowd moving and having a good time. They played a more upbeat version of December which is probably one of the coolest version of a song I got to hear. Overall seeing Neck Deep was so fun and I can't wait for the next show.

After Neck Deep State Champs came on and oh my god that was insane. They opened with Secrets which instantly took the crowd up a few notches. Since I'm a newer State Champs fan I didn't know every single song on the setlist but regardless I jammed out to every one. All You Are Is History is one of my favorite songs ever and hearing it live was amazing. Derek has such a great voice and his fellow band members are just as talented. Tyler's family was at the show which made it even more special and it was in their home state. About half way through the show Derek asked us to make the biggest circle pit of the tour and holy shit it was mental. A HUGE circle the size of the venue opened up and I instantly ran into the circle pit and ran like hell. I got beat up a little bit and somehow ended up getting bit in the head. Even though I got a little beat up that didn't stop me from going even harder the rest of the night. I crowd surfed a few times because crowd surfing is one of my favorite parts about concerts. Enough of my rambling but State Champs was epic and I'm very happy right now.

Also I bought a Neck Deep flag, Neck Deep t-shirt, and got a free poster.

Comment about a concert you recently went to I wanna know!!

(also I've been trying to make these sound more professional but tbh I sound like a 5 year old when I write. the next chapter will be better I promise)