What Now

Bucky spins you around in circles. You laughed as he dips you. The music was upbeat so you two danced around. The song changed to a slower song. Bucky put his hands on your waist. You put yours on the back of his neck.

The two of you swayed side to side. You smiled at him. He returned it. You put your head against his shoulder. He kisses the top of your head.

You bring your head back up to look at Bucky. His blue eyes are so beautiful. They capture your soul and hold you. You hold your breath.

Then you feel a different pair of arms around you. You look over to see Steve pulling you away from Bucky. He grabs your hand and takes you out of the room. You look back at Bucky.

Steve and you walk past the avengers who are all hanging out it a group. Nat and Wanda roll their eyes.

"Steve what are you doing?" You ask him. He ignores you and takes you into another room.

"Stop just stop being so selfish." He says.

"What?"

"Stop hanging out with Bucky."

"How is that being selfish?"

"I asked you to stay away from him. You're not doing that."

"Because I'm old enough to make my own choices."

"Y/n please. Stay away from him."

"No."

"You don't understand. I can't have you guys date because if you break up then I'll feel like I have to choose between my best friend and my sister."

"I'm not the selfish one. You are. You don't want us to date for your own sake. What if we don't break up? That doesn't matter. You still don't like the idea of me and him together."

"I'm not being selfish y/n. You are. You're not listening to me. You're looking out for what you want. You don't care what other people want. You don't care if you choices cause others to suffer. You wouldn't sacrifice something for someone else. So just stay away from him and stop being so selfish."

Steve walks out of the room and back to the party. You're filled with anger. Are you about to make a scene? Probably.

You storm into the party and spot Steve with the rest of the team. You walk over there. Steve sees you and sighs. He walks over to you.

"What now?" He asks.

You stare at him.

"Come on I know you have something to say so say it." He says.

You slap him. Hard. He stumbles over. The team gasps. "Holy shit." Clint says.

"I'm sorry that I didn't fake my information several times to try and get into the army. I'm sorry I didn't get injected with the super solider serum. I'm sorry I didn't crash a plane to save a city. I'm sorry I'm not Captain Fucking America! But you have no right to tell me I'm selfish!" The whole room is staring at you now. You don't give a shit.

"Okay calm down." Steve says.

"No! 'You're not listening to me' bitch I listened to you my whole life. 'You're looking out for what you want' damn right I am. 'You don't care what other people want' no I really don't cause my life doesn't revolve around them. 'You don't care if your choices cause others to suffer' how the hell does that even work?"

"Y/n just calm down. Stop making a scene. We can go talk about this somewhere else." Steve says.

"You know what really bothered me though?" You ask completely ignoring Steve. "The last one. 'You wouldn't sacrifice something for someone else.' That one got to me. Before Bucky, who was the one who stepped in on every fight you got into? Sure as hell wasn't you. It was me. Or when Bucky wasn't there. I was the one who saved your sorry ass."

"Y/n..."

"Shut up Steve. Before you became this strong Captain America dude, I protected you. I pushed so much aside for you. One time actually, this guy was talking to me. He had just asked me to go dance with him, I was about to say yes when I heard commotion behind me. My first thought was 'I hope that's not Steve' and when I turned around. It was Steve. So I said no to the guy and went to go save you."

"Okay I'm sor-."

"I gave up so much for you. I was always there for you. When you came home crying because some kids bullied you, I comforted you and cleaned your cuts. I was always there for you, but when I needed you the most. You went off to a bar to drink when you couldn't even get drunk. You didn't stay with me and comfort me when I needed it. You left."

"I had just lost my best friend I needed some time."

"Bullshit! He's my best friend too. I didn't want to be alone! But you made that choice for me! And you still call me selfish! I will never forgive for that! Peggy was the one who had to take care of me! Maybe you're the one who doesn't care if your choices cause others to suffer."

"Don't say her name!"

"I'll say her name all I want. Why? Maybe because she was my friend! Not just your pathetic love interest."

"Don't talk about her like that!"

"How am I talking about her Steve?"

"Like she's nothing, but my love interest. She's so much more than that!"

"I know she is! I watched her cry over you! I cried over you! We cried together! I know she's more than your love interest. She was my best friend!"

"Stop talking about her!"

"I can talk about her all I want!"

"Just shut up!"

"No you can't tell me what to do!"

Steve walks over to you and slaps you. You slap him back.

"Should we do something?" Nat asks.

"Nah there fine." Tony says.

Steve grabs you by your hair and pulls you. When he lets go you kick him in his stomach. You quickly kick your heels off.

He runs at you and tackles you to the ground. You two start fighting on the ground. He pins you hands above your head and you knee him in the stomach. He lets go of you and you push him off. You stand up.

Steve tries to sweep you, you jump over his feet. He stands up and throws a punch. You block it and throw one back. You two throw different attacks at each other.

You managed to hit him a couple times. You definitely look worse. There's blood trickling down the side of your face and your lip and nose are bleeding. You back kick Steve. He stumbles back. You throw another kick. He catches it. He pulls your foot and you fall on your side.

You kick up and round kick Steve in the face. He groans. You throw a punch. Steve catches your arm and throws you into the the glass wall next to you guys. You go threw it and land in the other room. You groan and can feel the little cuts on your body.

"Okay now we should do something." Tony says.