How Are You Feeling

Your POV

The first thing you hear is beeping. Your eyes open and you see the dark white room. You turn your head to the right and see a window closed off by blinds. The room is dark and the door is closed.

You turn your head to the left and see Tony and Steve. They're both asleep. The bathroom door opens and Bucky walks out. He smiles when he sees you.

"Hey doll." He quietly says as he walks over to you. "How are you feeling?"

"Thirsty." You say with a dry voice. Bucky hands you a cup of water. You drink all of it. Bucky sits down next to you on the bed. He tucks a stand of hair behind your ear.

"What time is it?" You ask.

"About 3 in the morning." Bucky says.

"Have you slept?" You ask. He shakes his head no.

"Why not?" You ask.

"Couldn't sleep. And I told you I'd be here when you woke up." Bucky says. You smile. You scoot over slightly in the bed and pat the space next to you for him to lay down on. He does. You lift the blanket up and ignore the pain in your side from the sudden movement.

Bucky puts his arms around you and gently holds you against him. You lay your head on his chest. He kisses the top of your head and you fall back asleep.

You wake up by yourself. You look around for Bucky until your eyes land on Steve. He sees you and smiles.

"Hey how are you feeling?" He asks.

"Tired, and in a little bit of pain." That's a lie. You're completely sore and your stomach hurts where they did surgery. But you never complain about pain unless it's really bad.

"Tony and Bucky went down to the cafeteria to eat." Steve says.

"What about you? Have you eaten anything?" You ask.

"No. I told them I'd stay with you and when they come back I'll go down and eat something." Steve says.

"Well thank you for staying with me." You say with a smile.

"Y/n I am sorry about what happened the other night. I should've never hit you. Or thrown you into a glass wall. Or into a bookcase." Steve says.

"I'm sorry too. I know what she meant to you and I shouldn't have brought her up." You say.

"No you can bring her up all you want. You're right. She was your friend. Not just my love interest. You have every right to talk about her." Steve says.

"I couldn't agree with you more." You say. Steve chuckles.

"One more thing. The doctor said you're not pregnant. Why did he have to conf-"

"Steve. You don't wanna talk to me about this." You say cutting him off. Steve nods and sits back down in a chair.

The door opens and Tony and Bucky walk in. Wanda and Vision walk in behind them.

"Oh my god you're okay." Wanda says and rushes over to hug you. You wince in pain, but don't say anything.

"Take it easy Wanda." Steve says.

"Oops sorry. Are you okay?" Wanda asks.

"Yea I'm fine." You say. You scoot over and let Wanda lay next to you.

"We wanted to come yesterday, but Mr. Stark told us it would be better for us to come today." Vision says.

"Yea otherwise we would've come." Wanda says.

"I prefer that you guys came today. I was in a lot of pain yesterday and it would've been no fun." You say.

Hours go by and everyone, but Bucky left your room to go back to the compound to eat and wash up.

"Honestly buck, Wanda could've stayed. You should go home. I'll be fine by myself." That's a lie. If Bucky does leave, the second he walks out that door you'll probably cry.

"I don't care. I'm not leaving you alone." Bucky says.

Damn it!

The pain had gotten worse. It's not a sore feeling anymore. It's no where as bad as it was yesterday, but it's the kind that makes you want to be held and cry.

A sharp feeling of pain goes to your stomach and you wince and groan slightly.

"Doll what's wrong?" Bucky asks. He walks over to you.

"Nothing. I'm fine." You reassure him.

"You're in pain." Bucky says.

"No I'm not." You say maybe a little to fast.

"Y/n I know you. You've always said you're fine when you're hurt. Unless it's really bad, you play it off and try and wait it out. Most of the time no one knows you're in pain. I know you're in pain right now." Bucky say.

Tears escape your eyes. "It hurts so bad." You sob. Bucky lays down next to you and pull your head into his chest.

"It hurts so much." You say.

"I know doll. You'll be okay. I'm here for you." Bucky says. He runs his fingers through your hair and rubs your back. You let the tears fall from your eyes. Not even caring anymore.

Bucky kisses the top of your head every once in a while to let you know he's here for you. Your sobs start to slow down. The pain is still there. Bucky rubs your back softly to try and sooth you. Every time you get a sharp pain in your side, you clutch onto his shirt and groan. He usually tightens his grip on you or rubs your back faster when that happens.

"It hurts so much." You say quietly.

"I know doll. I know." Bucky says. He kisses the top of your head softly.

An hour goes by and Bucky had gotten a nurse to give you pain medication. You're not in pain at the moment which is good. The others haven't come back yet, so it's just you and Bucky. He's laying on the bed with you on top of him. You snuggle your face into his chest and he chuckles.

"Thank you for comforting me when I was in pain." You say.

"Of course doll. I'll always comfort you." Bucky says. He kisses your forehead.

"I love you." You say.

"I love you too." Bucky says. He tilts your head up and kisses you. The door swings open and you and Bucky look over scared that it's Steve. It's Tony so you both relax.

He's out of breath. "Hey you might wanna get off of the bed Barnes. Everyone is coming in. I had to run here so I could warn you." He says. Bucky gently gets off of the bed and sits next to you like he was there the whole time.

"Thank you Tony." You say.

"Of course sweetie. I know this is a secret so I wanted to make sure you guys knew." He says.

"Wanda and Sam know, but that's it." Bucky says. Tony gives us a thumbs up and sits in the chair next to Bucky trying to catch his breath. You quietly chuckle to yourself.