Bye da

Almost 2 year later:

There's crying on the baby monitor on your nightstand.

"I got him. Go back to sleep." You say to Bucky. He mumbles something in his sleep. You smile and walk to the other room.

"Joseph Samuel Barnes. Why are you crying?" You bend down to pick him up out of his crib. You sway back and forth and his crying slows down.

You walk down the hall and into the living room. "My beautiful baby boy. Aren't you tired? Mommy's tired. Can you let me sleep for once?" You ask. Joseph babbles something.

After he stops crying, you walk back into his room and try to lay him back down in his crib. His little fingers grab a hold of your shirt. "Oh my god." You say under your breath.

"I would be mad if that wasn't so adorable." You say to Joseph. You kiss his cheek and put him against your chest again. You cradle him and sway him side to side.

Eventually, he falls back asleep. You smile and put him back in his crib. You tip toe out of his room and back into yours. You crawl under the blankets and lay next to Bucky.

Bucky rolls over and wraps his arms around you. "His first birthday is coming up." Bucky says.

"I know. He's growing up to fast." You say.

"We can have another one." Bucky says.

You laugh. "No." You say.

"Why not?" Bucky asks.

"Let's talk about it later." You say.  

Bucky mumbles okay. You turn on your back and Bucky lays his head on your chest.

The next morning, you wake up to an empty bed. You walk out into the kitchen and see Bucky feeding Joseph.

"Here comes the air plane *air plane noises* open wide." Bucky says. Joseph opens his mouth and Bucky puts the spoonful of apple sauce in Joseph's mouth.

"Mornin' boys." You say.

"Mornin' mama." Bucky says. You kiss Bucky's cheek. He kisses yours back. You kiss Joseph's cheek and he attempts to mimic Bucky and kiss yours back.

"Steve and Sam said they're coming over for dinner tonight. They said they'll bring pizza." Bucky says.

"Okay sounds good." You say as you pour some coffee in a mug. "I have to be at the tower in an hour. Wanda needs some help with the wedding planning." You say.

During your pregnancy, Tony bought you and Bucky a house outside of the city to raise your son in. You both were very happy that he did it for you. Bucky even got a job as a workout trainer and you opened a martial arts studio.

Tony bought the building for you once you told him that you've always wanted to teach martial arts. You now have over 100 students.

You broke up the sections of kids. First class from 5:00-5:30 is 4-6 year olds. 5:45-6:25 is 7-12 year olds. 6:30-7:30 is 13 and up.

You didn't know which martial art to teach, so you kinda bunched them all together and just call it martial arts.

"Wanda's been planning everything like crazy. I feel bad for Vision." Bucky says.

"Yea me too." You say.

Bucky picks Joseph up out of his high chair.

"Uh oh. I think Joseph went potty." Bucky says. Joseph laughs.

"I stayed up late last night with him. You change him." You say.

"I don't know. I think Joseph wants mama to change him. Isn't that right Joseph? You want mama." Bucky says.

"Ma-ma." Joseph says.

You choke on your coffee. "Did he just say mama?" You ask.

Bucky smiles and nods.

"Oh my god. Mama was his first word. Ha suck it Barnes!" You say. Bucky laughs.

"Well. He wants his mama to change him. So here you go." Bucky says. He hands you Joseph. You wrinkle your nose.

"Jeez what did this kid do. Set off a stink bomb in his diaper. Holy shit. I mean shoot." You say.

"You can say shit." Bucky says.

"He's starting to speak. I don't want him to say that around Steve." You say. Bucky chuckles.

After you finish changing Joseph, you give him over to Bucky and go to change. You come out wearing black jeans and a green short sleeve shirt.

"Aright I'm leaving." You say.

"Bye doll. Tell Wanda hi for me." Bucky says. He hands you Joseph since he has work today.

Thor usually plays with him at the tower.

You give Bucky a kiss. Joseph mimics you and kisses Bucky as well. "Say bye to daddy." You say.

"Bye da." Joseph says.

"I'll take it." Bucky says.

"Now he's saying bye. I'm think I'm gonna cry." You say.

Bucky chuckles. You giggle and kiss Bucky one more time. "Drive safe I love you." You say.

"I love you too." Bucky says. "Bye Joseph." Bucky waves at Joseph.

Joseph does his best to wave back. You giggle and walk out of the house and to your car.

You buckle Joseph in and sit in the drivers seat. You turn the engine on and start driving to the tower.

Once you get to the tower, you unbuckle Joseph and walk inside. You're greeted by at the door by your favorite god of thunder. Thor.

"Joseph!" Thor says. He walks over and takes Joseph from you. "Hi y/n." Thor says. He side hugs you.

"Hi Thor." You say. "Okay I gotta head up to Wanda. I'll see you guys later." You say.

"We'll be on my floor." Thor says.

"Okay. Bye Joseph." You say.

"Bye ma-ma." Joseph says.

"He's speaking?" Thor asks. His eyes go wide.

"Yea he said mama this morning. Then he said bye. He tried to say daddy, but only said da." You say. You look up at Thor. His eyes are watering.

"Okay I gotta go." You say. The realization of it all just hit you and now you can feel your eyes watering.

"Yes of course. Of course." Thor says. You smile and kiss Joseph on the cheek before heading to the elevator.