07

Tuesday, 01/09/1995

"Y/n, we're there."

I jerk up, out of my sleep - that could not have been more shit. 

I had a nightmare and my neck hurts terribly. 

"What?"

It's also loud here, awfully noisy. Even though Draco's gone, Adrian's too as it seems. There are only Blaise left, Terence and Theo.

"We're there?" I look out of the window, finding that the train's still driving on. We're not.

"Well, almost," Blaise smiles, "don't you wanna change before we get to Hogsmeade?"

Oh right, my robes.

But time to change now there isn't.

Screeching, the train brakes.

And then there are people all around me, minutes filled with jostling and sticky air. Until I'm finally outside.

Hogsmeade.

I don't think anyone else could be happier to be back in school. At this moment, I'm almost sure I've got to be the happiest.

This is my chance to a fresh start, a second try, whatever one might call it.

It's joy and it's anticipation. It's the past and the future; it's time travel; watching all the first years follow Hagrid across the Platform like ducklings would their mother.

Searching for Tracey and Daphne, I run into Pansy again. Her glares are as poisonous as ever, her tongue is too.

"We're barely here yet and you've already started whoring around, have you?"

"What do you mean?" Confused and with anger welling up in my stomach again, I push through the people, away from her and her anger. But she doesn't let me get away that easily.

"You know what I mean," she claims, provoking me all the more.

"Pansy could you just leave me alone?"

"Why'd it have to be him? Why couldn't you choose someone else to molest?"

"What the hell are we talking about? I didn't do anything."

"Exactly, you slept the whole ride. On his fucking shoulder!"

"Bloody hell Pansy, you've gone mad," I hiss, struggling to understand what she said.

"Said the mad one. You're too stupid to get what I mean, are you? You're telling me you didn't even notice? That you slept on Draco's shoulder by accident?!"

"Y/n!"

Tracey's voice reaches me before she does, but still, I don't have time to turn around before she jumps me. She's wheezing, breathlessly, and continues to squeeze me so tightly that I too have a hard time breathing.

"Hi," I press out, "Tracey you're suffocating me!"

"Let her live please."

Reluctantly Tracey loosens her grip, pushing me into the arms of a smiling Daphne.

"Missed you," she mumbles into my shoulder. She's as short as always, hasn't grown a bit over the holidays.

"So much!"

When Daphne too lets go of me Tracey's already ready to set off.

"Shouldn't we get going?"

"If we don't want to walk to the castle on foot, then perhaps we should."

We grab our trunks and make our way to the carriages. When I look back, Pansy's nowhere to be seen.

I'm still so confused. Apparently, I napped my shitty nap on Draco Malfoys shoulder. 

Pansy has got to have made that up. Wouldn't that make more sense? 

But why would she? And why would she be so upset about it then? 

What does Draco have to mean to Pansy that she's seriously jealous about something like that?

. . .