23

Saturday, 21/09/1995

Even before I open my weary eyes, I feel uncomfortable soreness pull through my body.

I groan, turning back and forth in search of a comfortable position. But everything hurts, stays as it is. Frustrated, I stare up at the ceiling of the pitch-black room, listening to my own, but also their peaceful breaths.

Peaceful. They. They're both still asleep, fortunately for me.

I roll back onto my side, gazing at Theo, who faces me, curled up on his side too, his features relaxed, his mouth slightly parted. He's only partly covered and only then do I realise how cold I am.

Sighing, I grasp around for the blanket that slipped off me during the night. What a pain, why does this happen to me so often? Why is it always so cold? It must be the lake. Thank you, black lake. My eyes roll behind closed lids as I sigh again, in annoyance. Someday I'm going to get sick. What if I just get my warmth from one of them?

I turn around fuzzily, looking at Draco who's stretched out there, all tucked in, looking like the perfect source of warmth. He's practically asking me to snuggle under his sheets. His hair looks so wispy, so messy, I have to fight the urge to fluff through it.

It would wake him up, it sure would. And that, no that I'd rather like happening in my absence, I decide, as I carefully snuggle closer to Draco, causing as little movement as possible as I slip in under the covers.

Tired, I rest my freezing fingers against his chest, ignoring the risk of it waking him up. It's just too good to stand again. A smile curls my lips as I close my eyes, dozing off into a sound sleep.