39

Sunday 06/10/1995

"Well then, come on in."

Contradicting his invitation Theo doesn't move an inch from the spot. It seems he's objecting intentionally.

Calmly leaning against the doorframe he lets a sigh escape his lungs. I feel his gaze on me, and as I look up, my eyes meet his. I study his features, let my gaze wander over his face, notice the faint smile that lingers on his lips softly and get caught up by how similar the colours of his ample brown hair and the rough dark wood of the doorframe are.

Even that has dirt sticking to it, his hair. All I can do is to shake my head in bewilderment. "What in Merlins sake were you doing out there?" Concern mingles into my disbelief. "You look like you've spent all your day knocked out in the mud." 

"Very flattering darling, you really think I suck that bad?" Playfully he narrows his eyes, amplifying his farfetched accusation. Spontaneous happiness burst through me for some reason. Maybe it's caused by the way he looks at me, by the way his eyes gleam so full of tease. If he weren't coated in sludge right now I'd throw myself at him tightly. Perhaps I'll do it nevertheless. Whats a little soil and water to scare me off? 

"No, I don't think you suck, not at all." I shift closer, keen to touch him. "But considering the weather, I don't think it would be that unlikely to end up knocked out in some puddle. I certainly would." Finally I am close enough to wrap my hands around his neck, resting on the damp fabric of his shirt.

"Even though I may not be able to dodge every Bludger, this has nothing to do with it," he maintains, "ask Terence, he looks just like me, they all do. He pushed me first, alright?"

He flashes me a bright smile, exposing me his flawless set of teeth, that continuously broadens as he narrates. "Yes, and admittedly I might've fallen off my broom once... or twice. Now come on, we have to take a shower. I'm feeling bloody rancid."

He breaks away from me to turn around and thereupon disappear into the dorm. So he doesn't see how I light up, how my silly cheeks flush a ridiculously bright shade of red. He doesn't notice the grin his words sparked. "We".

The door falls shut after me, leaving the room in front of me lying in nearly utter darkness. A little disoriented I glance around searchingly, for him, while my eyes still work on adjusting to the suddenly different light ratio.

He's nowhere to be seen, but the vastly opened bathroom door allows splashing shower sounds to reach me.

"Are you coming?" I smile at his urging, "someones impatient I see." 

"For you, always."

Entering the bathroom I am greeted by haze that took over the entire room. I nudge the door behind me gently, letting it fall shut.

Annoyingly, my oh-so beloved brain seems prompted to recall images from earlier today, of this morning, of Draco and all the rest of it. Not just as remote memories no, as if that weren't already more than enough and out of place, they come after me as full-blown flashbacks.

It's because of that dammed haze. Uselessly embarrassed, I strip off my clothes. 

"It was well worth it."

"What do you mean?" Struggling with myself like that apparently causes me to loose my ability for simple factual comprehension. How lovely. 

"Today," he answers, his voice imbued with pride and satisfaction, "this day, everything that happened. We had the best practice session in a while, even with all the rain and the fact that we all looked like bog bodies only thirty minutes in. Everyone got their hopes up Y/n. This year is going to be a good one for us win-wise." He falls silent for a moment. "Plus, I get to be with you now, here. I think this day deserves to be told that it was worth all the crazy rain and mud."