25

Wednesday, 25/09/1995

"-and he was so gorgeous and he smiled so adorably sweet and, yeah, I was just, I'm just, like, in love with his eyes, every time he looks at me they're prettier and-,"

"Dream interpretation," Trewlaney starts her lesson, interrupting Tracey's endless gushing about Adrian. 

"Dream interpretation is a most important means of divination, for the inner eye sees sights to which the outer world is blind."

Grumbling, Tracey relaxes in her chair next to me. I still wonder how she can talk so much at once without breathing. It's not that it annoys me when she talks about Adrian. 

As long as Tracey is happy, really anything is fine by me. 

She looks so cute, with her cheeks all red, with her flushed face whenever she talks about Adrian and her little smile that could widen at any moment if I ever mentioned him. 

It's really pretty funny what love does to her. 

A cough snaps me out of my thoughts, and as I turn my gaze back to Trewlaney, I spot her crawling on the floor. She's trying to pick up a book she's dropped.

I sigh, take a deep breath of the heavy air scented by incense smoke, and close my eyes.

As another cough draws my attention back to the room centre my eyes fall on no other than Professor Umbridge. 

"What are you doing here?" Professor Trelawney asks, shocked, confused. 

She too stares at Umbridge as she stands there as if she just appeared out of nowhere, dressed in all pink as usual like a large ball of wool. 

"Don't mind me, dear," Umbridge speaks, clutching a clipboard in one and a pen in the other hand, "you see, professor Trewlaney, isn't it?" 

For a short moment, it's silent. 

"In addition to my teaching duties, the ministry has asked me to act as an informal observer, here at Hogwarts. Cornelius' eyes and ears as it were. Nothing, whatsoever, to worry about, please do go on," she smiles, "I'm just a fly on the wall." 

With short steps, she continues her way through the room, looks around and finally stops. 

She is weird. A fly on the wall, more like a cockroach. In the drain.

"Oh yes," Trewlaneys eyes flicker through the room nervously, "well, drea-" 

"Just one question dear. You've been in this post, how long exactly?" 

"Ehm, nearly sixteen years." 

"Quite a period." 

Again, Umbridge smiles her strange little smile. As if that would make her friendlier. "And it was Dumbledore who appointed you?" 

"He did... Dream Interpretation-" 

"One more thing if it isn't too much but, could you please predict something for me?" 

I close my eyes exasperatedly, open them again, and meet Theo's gaze from the other end of the room. 

"I'm sorry?" 

"Predict something, sure you're not surprised I ask? You would've foreseen it." 

Theo looks as frustrated as I do. Umbridge giggles awfully. 

"The inner eye does not see upon command," Trewlaney presses out, moving around her table shakily. 

"Come now, one teensy little prophecy?" 

Everything is quiet now, tensed, somewhat curious, eager, for what's going to happen next. 

My eyes are still hooked on Theo's. It's quite calming, I don't even know why. I sigh. Theo. 

"Pity," Umbridge deplores. 

"No wait, wait I think I do see something, yes I do-" 

I wince at Trewlaneys now loud voice, looking back onto the now changed picture in front of me. Umbridge's at the door, scribbling on her clipboard.  

"-something dark! You are in grave danger."

Grave danger. Everyone is in grave danger if you ask Trewlaney. Umbridge also seems not quite to take Trewlaney seriously, smiling as she writes on her notes. 

"Lovely," she squeaks, before finally striding out, leaving Trewlaney rattled.

She's lost her thread and takes a whole lot of time to continue the lesson.

Dream Interpretation is god awful boring.

. . .

-Authors note-

Hey beautiful,

I really hope you liked it, please vote if you did!

And if you have any you can always write me feedback!

Have a wonderful day luv, stay hydrated and please eat enough!

That's all for now,

See you soon in the next chapter!

kisses

C.

. . .