24

Saturday, 21/09/1995

Daphne and I push our way through the corridors heading for breakfast, which we both very much need. I'm starving. 

"I wanted to ask you this all morning," she grabs my wrist, "where have you been the whole night?" 

I stare at her, perplexed, what am I supposed to tell her now? I'd kind of forgotten they would be wondering that, Daphne and Tracey. 

"Uh." 

I'm pondering feverishly when suddenly someone bumps into my shoulder from behind. 

"Hey watch where you're going!" I whirl around, ready to bitch at whoever it was. 

It hurt more than it should, simply walking today is unpleasant and now this. I want back into bed. 

"Morning." 

Draco's smirk beams at me and my insults get stuck in my throat. 

 "Come on Y/n I'm hungry." 

Daphne grabs my wrist again, purposefully pulling me along. 

But Draco doesn't lag behind, keeps pacing with us as we walk on. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask, tilting my head up slightly to look at him. 

"I gotta eat too sometimes, you know?"

Annoyed I glare at his cocky face. 

"So where were you last night then?" 

Shit, I just thought she'd forgotten. 

"Oh yeah right, where were you last night?" 

My gaze shoots back up to Draco. When will he shut up? 

"I'll tell you later," I smile, earning a probing look from Daphne. 

"Fine." 

Her suspicious tone makes me realise that she might've put more thought to it than I expected. 

Dracos smirk broadens even more before he quickens his steps and disappears into the jostling crowd.

. . . 

"Scrambled eggs." 

Blaise looks at me expectantly, stretching out his arm in my direction. 

"Y/n?" 

"What?!" My reaction came too late and a little too harsh. Embarrassed, I blush. "Can't you form one proper sentence?" 

"Is something wrong Nott?" 

"No, I'm fine." 

I look at Theo who is sitting opposite me. He's a little pale in the face but doesn't look too unwell. 

"I'm just a little bit hungover." 

A small smile lingers on Theos' lips and Draco, sitting next to me, lets his hand drop onto my thigh. 

"Me too," he yawns. His hand drives up before slowly sliding down again.

Blushing redder, I hide my face in my cup, taking a large sip of coffee. 

"Did you know that Umbridge is freaking High Inquisitor now?" Adrian stares into his cereal mindlessly. 

"What?" Tracey gasps, "no why didn't I know that yet?" 

"Neither did I," I mumble as Draco's hand sneaks back up once more. 

Sighing, I place my empty cup in front of me and turn my head, looking at him. 

He, however, pays no attention to me, doesn't even look back, instead pretending to be extremely interested in the conversation between Adrian and Tracey. 

His hand, though, keeps moving.

I listen to the conversation for a while, unfocused, soon I zone out, thinking of how l- 

"How dare you sneak out like that?" He whispers into my ear lowly, his breath tickling against my skin. 

I turn to him, his face bent down to me, close. Now it's me who smirks, shrugs and turns around again, this time really focused on the chitchat going on. 

"Y/n." 

His hand squeezing my thigh tightly.

"I was talking to you." 

"I know," I mutter quietly, still grinning, "what do you want me to tell you now? I left before you both woke up and you know damn well why." 

"Say you're sorry and mean it. You don't know how god awful it was to have to wake him up before I could finally kick him out." 

"You woke up first?"

Quietly I giggle.

"I would've loved to see his face. Or yours!" 

"Believe me," his grip tightens, "just be glad you weren't there anymore, but also sorry, of course." 

"I'm sorry." 

He stares into my face for a moment longer, his eyes shift back and forth between my eyes and lips. Then his hand leaves my thigh and he stands up. 

Without turning around again, he leaves and I catch myself staring after him the whole way until he's gone. 

...........................................................................