Chapter 63

Hermione and Draco re-emerged into a very heavy fog. And when they looked around there were more people with them, than when they left.

"Hope you don't mind, but I figured we could use all the help we could get." Grinned Seamus cheekily.

Behind him stood Pamada And Parvati Patil, Angelina Johnson, Dennis Creevey and an unknown but incredibly handsome blond gentleman.

He stepped forward and offered Draco and Hermione his hand to shake.

"Edgar Brown, I am Lavender's cousin. We were born roughly a month apart, and to me Lav was always more of a sister than a cousin. I was at Beauxbatons at the time of the attack of Hogwarts. It's my biggest regret I wasn't there helping her fight. I offer my assistance today in her memory."

"Thank you, Edgar. We are happy to have all the help we can. Alright everyone let's gather into a formation that protects us from all sides and move together.  I can tell this fog is enchanted and I don't like it at all."

They moved forward as a unit. All watching for movement that never came, when suddenly, as if it had just appeared they were looking at a miniature Malfoy Manor. It was as if it had been shrunken to the size of a nice house, but had left all the original grandeur.

Hermione pointed her wand at the door

"Homenum Revelio"

Instantly on the other side of the door they could see the presence of one human, the shape of Lucius Malfoy. But no one else.

"It must be a trap... and where are my parents?" she snarled.

"He could have been bluffing. My father has always been full of hot air. This might have been a dramatic way of getting me here for a sit down." Draco said calmly.

"If so, then it will be my greatest apologies to all of you for taking time out of your days and adding fear to your lives. But if not, then we. could be in for a hell of a fight. Let's proceed with caution."

Draco took the brass knocked in his hand and the door was instantly opened by a small female house elf in a green satin pillowcase.

"Hello Master Draco and friends, Master Lucius is expecting you in the drawing room." She said with a high and slightly shaky voice as she led them into the home.

They followed her through the French doors and as the spell had revealed their sat Lucius in a grand chair at the other end of the drawing room.

"Come in son. And friends of Draco. Friends of Draco are always welcome in my home. Even if a different variation of my original home."

They all hesitated, but for Hermione who charged forward.

"Where are my parents, you disgusting liar."
She raised her want to curse him and was shocked when he didn't move a muscle.

"Peace, Miss Granger. Please Draco, if I could have a word."

Hermione opened her mouth to correct him on her name, but slowly closed it. She could tell after she heard what he had to say. Draco came forward to join her, the rest slowly following them both into the room.

"That is my wife. She is a Malfoy and you will address her as such."

Lucius barely seemed to register this.

"What do you want father?" Draco hissed with all the venom he could muster.

"Just a bit closer, son, all of you actually. I'd like to tell you a story."

With only a bit of hesitation now, they all moved forward.

"This story starts with a family as old as magic, the Blacks. All of which were determined to do right by the old ways and Magical beings. They were a little clouded in their judgement and misguided in their attempts but their hearts were in the right place. Only one however, had a true powerful vision for the future. She hoped that with the help of her two sisters she would change the world for the better."

"What the bloody hell are you on about father?!" Draco demanded, just as Hermione noticed something in Lucius's eyes.

"Draco..." she began, but never finished."

"You will understand, dear boy. All of you will.
Right... now."

As he spoke the floor underneath their feet disappeared entirely and they all crashed downward.