Chapter 51

Hermione watched as Draco's semi tanned face turned unusually white.

"Miffy, please pack everything up, and send it to my home. Hermione's things too."

"Of course sir." She said disappearing instantly.

"Take my hand." Draco ordered, and as soon as she did they were disapparating.

They reappeared across from a sky scraper in London. She held tightly to his hand as he led her across the street, and into the building. Hermione felt out of place in her tropical finery, but Draco didn't seem to notice anything at all as he dragged her into the stairwell, before suddenly apparating again.

The sudden movement made Hermione feel ill, but it quickly faded as she gathered her surroundings. They were still in the stair well it seemed, but when Draco opened the door it became obvious they were at least thirty floors higher than they had started. It was a small area, like a front sitting room in a doctors office.

Draco moved over to the door at the end of it, and muttered something to door which opened to reveal a very modern looking apartment.

"Welcome home." He muttered seemingly to himself, before turning to her.

"I bought this place at the end of last year. After the final battle, and everything that has gone down in that house I couldn't bear to live there any more. It has a fabulous view. And more defensive charms than Hogwarts. In other words, it's safe. You'll be living here until my father is back in Azkaban. I doubt he would be too happy to hear we are together."

"So now you are holding me hostage?" She asked crossing her arms.

"No. You can still go about tall your wedding fun. But at night you sleep here. Where I know you are protected."

The stern look on her face slipped.

"Oh. Of course." She smiled a bit without meaning to.

"Oh! But my things from Hogwarts!"

Draco chuckled a bit.

"Mione. Go check the closet in the second bedroom."

Reluctantly she did as she was told.

The second bedroom was completely different from the rest of the apartment. Where as most of it had been white and sleek this room had a warm feeling to it. Lots of dark brown furniture, and the bed had a lovely floral pattern not unlike something she would have picked out herself. The walls were a pale pink. She made her way over to the closet to find it entirely filled with her things. From the back of it came a low purring sound.

"Crookshanks?" She whispered.

"Mrroww."

"Oh Crookshanks!" Hermione dropped to her knees to hold her giant cat.

From behind her came a laugh.

"Stella's cage is in the bathroom. I hope you don't mind that I moved you in."

"Not at all," she said rising. "But how did you do it so quickly?"

"Actually... well. I knew that when Hogwarts was over you had no real home to return to. You were staying in the Burrow I assumed before you went back to Hogwarts. And for that reason after we left on our trip some of the House elves began to move all of your belongings here. I hope you like the room. The bed of course is just for formality." He said eyes twinkling.

Hermione was nearly overcome with emotion that was threatening to spill from her eyes.

"Like it? I love it. Thank you, Draco."

"Of course." He said wrapping his arms around her.

"Anything for you."