Chapter 36

Pansy was furious. Several attempts had been made to wreak havoc on Hermione had failed. Hermione never seemed to leave her room, and Draco was being more attentive to her than ever.

Pansy sank down next to Astoria in the Slytherin common room groaning.

"Tough day?" Astoria asked without looking up from Witch Weekly.

"More like month."

"Boy trouble?" Astoria asked, now fully paying attention, her expression suggesting she already knew the answer.

"Something like that."

"Listen, Pansy. Draco and I have been together in the past, but the fact is I always assumed it was going to be you he settled down with in the end. Everyone agrees. It's only right considering how long of a history you have, and your pureblooded, old wizarding family lines. He does not belong with a Mudblood Gryffindor, and frankly is sullying our house's reputation. Salazaar is rolling over in his grave somewhere, and it's dear old Draco's fault."

"Obviously I agree. But it's been futile. Try as I might I can't get to the mud blood, and when I do it only brings them closer."

"Wait one second. You've been targeting Granger? Pansy I thought you had more sense than that. Draco ought to be your target."

"I don't want to hurt him!"

"That's not what I mean. You and Draco have tons of memories stretching back years. He at one point was exclusively with you. You just have to revive those feelings."

"You don't think I've already tried? He ignores me whenever I try to speak to him."

"Then do it artificially."

"You mean a love potion?" Pansy asked with shock.

"Exactly. A mild one so it won't be very obvious. Nothing like amortentia, but erosynthia should do the trick. It imitates real love. Slow working causing its victim to remember past memories with the creator, but only the good ones until an infatuation builds. One that should be strong enough that after it wears off he still loves you."

"Astoria this might be the most useful thing you've ever said."

"Don't get too used to it. Being shallow and airy is far more beneficial when you don't care to do anyone favors. But in this case it is necessary." She replied returning back to her magazine.

"There. That's it." Hermione whispered. She had been working all morning to enchant a picture of her parents from black and white to color.

"Draco! This is my parents! I finally got it right!" She called making her way into the common room, but he wasn't there. On the table was his usual note.

"Hermione, gone to get a snack. Be back shortly. ~Draco"

She internally groaned at his ability to snack constantly and never gain a pound as she settled onto the loveseat, wrapping herself in a blanket. She stared at the picture in her lap of her grinning parents, and smiled. She was going to find them. She just knew it.

The door opened behind her, and Draco entered.

"Hey! I finished the picture!"

For a second the way Draco looked at her sent a shudder through her. It was like he didn't know her. Then a soft smile crossed his face.

"Hermione. Let me see it."

She crossed over to him carefully and held it out to him, as he took it into his hand his smile broadened.

"Wow. I can see where you got each of your features. Your mom is a beautiful woman."

Hermione blushed, and grinned back at him.

"Thank you. That means more than I can say."

"I'm glad, but I think I'm going to go to bed. I honestly don't feel very good."

"Stomach ache?" Hermione asked with concern.

"My Head actually. I'm a little dizzy. But I'm sure I'll feel fine after a little sleep. Goodnight, Hermione."

"Sweet dreams, Draco. I hope you feel better." She said sweetly, before returning to her spot on the couch.

Draco did indeed have sweet dreams.

*A/N: Erosythia is my own creation*