Chapter 53

"Hermione, baby, wake up. Yes you. Up. Hermione, you deciding to get drunk as a skunk will not result in your being late for this joyous occasion. You are supposed to meet Ginny and the girls at the Burrow in thirty minutes."

Hermione groaned and rolled over in her bed turning her back to him.

She heard him leave her room, and sighed snuggling deeper into her fluffy pillows. Victory was sweet for just a few seconds.

Then she was utterly soaked.

"Draco Malfoy, you rodent!" She shrieked jumping straight up, instantly sober, and glaring daggers at the blond who was guffawing on the floor still holding the pot.

"Your... your face!!" He managed to gasp out, before the hilarity over took him once more.

A quick spell dried her body, but did nothing to assuage her annoyance. While she wanted to fight, he had a point. She didn't have time to.

She was able to quickly get ready and admired herself in her bridesmaid's dress. They had done a good job picking it out. Fluffing the aqua chiffon layer, and stepping into the little gold heels she was ready to go. Makeup and hair was at the Burrow.

When she stepped out of her room, Draco was standing there. With his tux pants on, and white shirt half unbuttoned,  Hermione felt a tiny thrill that the man before her was hers. He was sipping a brandy, and grinned when he saw her.

"You already look gorgeous. Want some?" He held out his glass.

The smell instantly made her stomach flip.

"No thank you. I'll never drink again." She said wrinkling her nose.

That got a belly laugh from him.

"I don't say I blame you, though I highly doubt that to be true. I'm only having this one to get over the bizarreness of the situation. If you had told me first year that after seventh I'd be standing along side an old family enemy as a groomsmen for Potter, I'd have told you, you were on something."

Hermione crosser over to him and wrapped her arms around him grinning up at him.

"Actually, if I had told you anything when you were a first year, you would have called me a filthy mudblood, and walked away."

She enjoyed the way he cringed, both at the word and his past behavior. His change was incredible, and true. She loved him all the more for it.

"You know I really am sorry for all of. I was a pompous ass."

"Oh you still are. But you have fabulous morals now, and I couldn't be happier."

He pecked her lips, but then pushed her away, before she could try for more.

"You are not making me late to my best enemies wedding. Besides Blaise needs me. I'm probably going to have to go pry him from Luna's clutches. She's apparently insatiable, and the only thing keeping him from passing out from exhaustion, is her incredibly arousing nature."

Hermione snorted at the look of disgust on his face as he spoke.

"Don't get me wrong, she's the greatest. But I still think she's loony. And like picturing her as a sex machine, about as much as I like picturing my mother naked."