Chapter 55

"Ginny put it back where it came from,  or so help me!"

The two were wedding dress shopping on a Saturday night in London.

Hermione and Draco made the decision to quickly and simply tie the knot without lots of drama, but still very beautifully. With one month until the wedding it was a short period of time to prepare, but she was making do. The one thing Hermione was very particular about was the dress. That had to be perfect.

And the strapless, backless, sleeveless, slitted thing Ginny was carrying towards her wasn't even funny at that point.

Ginny raised her hands in surrender, and went to return the dress to its place.

Cold. Just so cold.

The past few dresses pulled had been failures so Hermione was sitting in the baby blue satin robe the sales lady had given her. But while it protected her modesty it did nothing to help the chill of the salon. She was missing her fluffy pink one.

Several more failed dresses and Hermione stopped trusting Ginny, and burst out into the salon on her own. Wearing her robe like battle armor she went hunting for her own perfect dress. She was prepared to give up when she heard a tiny chuckle from behind her.

When she turned to see who was laughing Narcissa Malfoy lowered her Witch Weekly magazine.

"Mrs Malfoy! How long have you been here?" Hermione asked in shock, running over to give her future mother in law a hug.

"Long enough. Darling I know what you are looking for, and you aren't going to find it here. Collect your friend and follow me." She replies giving Hermione a near motherly smile.

Hermione quickly ran to grab Ginny, and they followed her out of the store.

Narcissa was waiting out front,  and offered them her hands. When they took them they all instantly disapparated.

They reappeared on a bustling street.

"Mrs Malfoy... where are we?" Ginny asked politely,  but skeptically.

She turned to smile at her.

"Milan, Italy, dear. We are paying a quick visit to a dear friend."

They followed her into the large building before them, that was filled with muggles shopping for wedding dresses. But as she led them into an elevator, she reached out and tapped the button for the fourth floor three times. Instantly a fifth button appeared, and she pressed it. The elevator jumped to life, and they quickly reached the fifth floor. When the doors reopened, they revealed another wedding dress salon. But this one filled with young witches. And dresses that were like nothing Hermione had ever seen.

"Do you have an appointment?" A young witch at the front desk asked without looking up.

"I don't find that be required for me." Narcissa said smiling down at the witch.

Her head instantly shot up.

"Mrs. Malfoy! My apologies! Mister Francisco said you would be coming by today! Are you attending a wedding?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact I will be the mother of the groom, Angelique." She replied.

"Draco is getting married? Wow. Who was good enough to catch his attention permanently?" The witch asked with interest.

"I guess that is me." Hermione replies stepping forward. "Hermione Granger." She extended her hand.

The girl gasped.

"The Miss Granger? The one from the war? You helped kill..." her voice trailed off in embarrassment, only to reappear at the sight of Ginny.

"Oh! And you are Mrs Potter! I saw it in the papers! Your dress was incredibly lovely, but nothing like Francisco's designs. In my opinion of course. Which I'm sure means very little." Angelique was beet red.