Part 33

Authors Note: I am so excited about how much you guys are enjoying the story! I'm trying to keep up with chapters, and writing as often as possible, so just be patient with me. Thank you for the support!
~ Laney💚

When Draco arrived back at the infirmary Hermione was still fast asleep. He slid her pillow underneath her head gently, and covered her with the throw. The motions caused her to stir, and look up at him.

"Are you hurting?"

Not very much. My ribs ache, and the arm is definitely sore. But I could have been much worse off."

"I brought you this." Draco said shoving the ibuprofen towards her awkwardly.

"Oh. Thank you, Draco. I really appreciate it. Could you get me some water? I'd like to take one."

He did as she asked, and helped her bring the cup and pills to her lips. Battered and bruised, Hermione was still beyond beautiful laying before him.

"So you are sure you are all okay?"

"Yes, Draco."

"Even your lips?"

"Yes, Draco."

"Oh thank Merlin."

With that Draco leant down and softly kissed Hermione, just barely brushing his lips with hers, brushing her curls away from her face as he pulled away.

"I'm really glad you are okay, Hermione." He whispered, the intensity in his gaze making her blush.

Hermione was still stammering out her thanks, when the sound of a throat being cleared came from the door.

"Interrupting anything, guys?" Ginny said smirking at the two of them.

Behind her was Neville, Luna, Blaise, Harry, Ron, and Pansy.

The last three were a shock to Draco and Hermione.

Neville stepped forward.

" I brought for you a plant I've been breeding. The aroma it produces speeds healing, and decreases negativity."

Hermione smiled brightly at him.

"Sounds just like you, Neville."

Draco scowled at the attention Hermione was bestowing on another guy. He began to fluff her pillows, playing with her curls lightly as he did it. An action not missed by a smirking Ginny.

"How are you, Mione?" Luna asked softly. For once her eyes seemed incredibly alert.

"Perfectly fine. Better now that you are here." She added with a giggle, before eyeing the boy behind Luna.

"Blaise, are those flowers?"

Everyone turned to look at him.

"Um, yeah. I thought they were pretty and would make the room look a little better. It's absolutely hideous in terms of interior decorating."

"You would know a thing or two about that wouldn't you, Blaise." Draco laughed. "When we moved into a bedroom together first year I swore the guy was gay. He started pulling out lamps, and pillows, and all other kinds of household items."

"What can I say? Interior decorating is my mum's second favorite hobby."

"What's the first, Blaise?" Luna asked sweetly.

"Collecting husbands."

The two Slytherin's laughed, and Hermione giggled. Everyone else awkwardly joined in, as if trying to decide whether or not it was offensive.

"Uh, Hermione I would like to apologize for my behavior a few days ago. It was impolite of me."

Hermione chose not to say that she was already aware he had been rude. Or to point out his expressing his desire to apologize was not the same as doing so.

"Thanks, Ron. And thank you, Pansy for coming today too.  I appreciate it."

Ron smiled warmly at her and began to step forward before Draco moved into his path.

"You know, Weasley. I'm sure Hermione would love one of the pastries from this morning's breakfast. I'm sure an apple tart would be nice. Think you could handle getting one?"

"Sure" Ron murmured before sulkily leaving the room, Pansy trailing after him.

"How do you feel, Hermione?" Harry asked earnestly once Luna, Blaise, and Neville's exited as well.

"I really am okay, Harry. I'm not entirely sure what happened. I hit my head, and passed out instantly."

"What happened was you scared me half to death. You just looked broken laying at then bottom of the stairs. I thought you were dead until I got close enough to see you breathing."

"Sounds like it scared you, Malfoy." Ginny said slyly.

"It terrified me."

Ginny moved to Hermione's bedside, and dropped Arnold down onto her belly. The Pygmy puff instantly snuggled onto her chest.

"Oh, Arnold! He's so precious!"

"Dad is on a new kick. Apparently muggles use pets as "therapy animals". If Arnold makes you feel better though, I'm all for it."

"Gin, that is the sweetest thing you have ever said."

"I agree," Harry piped in. "And I'm her boyfriend!"

While the girls were giggling, Draco leaned over and whispered to Harry.

"Do you mind if we step into the hall for a minute?"