Chapter 20

{Authors Note: Now is the time for a necessary disclaimer. As far as JK Rowling's series goes; I ship Romione. I definitely am a huge dean of Ron, and think he is the most selfless character in the series. But Fan Fiction is not about writing completely canon stories. That is called plagiarism. Fan fiction is to express realities, and ideas that add on to and contrast from what the original story actually gives the readers. Because of that I also ship Dramione, and love reading and writing the stories. (Comment any good ones you've read!) I am not a Ron hater, but if he was a complete angel this story would not be nearly as interesting. Thank you so much for reading! I love you guys! 💚}

That weekend Hermione tried to dig out the most presentable outfit she could despite the snowy weather.

Ron had agreed to meet her for lunch without Harry and his sister. They needed to talk, and she greatly expected he knew about what.

Hermione trudged through the snow covered road through Hogsmeade Village toward the Hogshead Bar. They had decided to eat there as they had met during their days in school together.

When she entered the warm bar, she could instantly see his red hair as he sat at one of the tables in the corner.

As soon as she approached the table he stood to his feet, and moved to pull out her chair for her, and indicated the drink before the chair.

"Hermione, I- I got you a butter beer. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all Ron." She said slowly as she took her seat, before taking a sip.

"How is the season going?" She asked meaningfully, without looking up at him.

"Quite well we have had three games, and only lost one." He said with a wary edge to his voice.

"That's lovely to hear." She said now looking at him. "Hogwarts is doing wonderfully. We are having a ball, I suppose Ginny told you."

"Yes, she did, I definitely plan to attend, and have already found my mask."

"I would hope you were going to attend, you are one of the guests of honor."

There was a moment of silence in which Ron was clearly trying to read her face.

"The girl in the picture. Her name is Rosalie. She is a fan that spends a lot of time watching our practices, and games. I was flying by her to give her recognition, when she pulled me in and kissed me. That was all that happened 'Mione, I swear."

"Did I ask?" Hermione replied, cooly.

"No. But it was written all over your face, and you would be mental not to. Despite what I may have said as a kid, you are not crazy, and I know it."

Hermione was trying to believe him when the picture of the girl flashed before her eyes again. Tiny and blonde. Tiny as in probably wore a size two dress. And would look lovely in silver with her light hair.

"I would also be crazy to believe that."

"I'm sorry Hermione, what?"

"You are lying to me Ronald. I received a dress a week ago, lovingly addressed from you. One that just so happened to be several sizes too small, and an unflattering color. Well for me that is, it would look just stunning on darling Rosalie." Venom dripped from her words.

Ron stared in shock. He had never realized the wrong dress went to the wrong girl. Not had he expected Hermione to question his lie.

"Now I have one question. Why?"

"Hermione do you really have to ask? We barely see each other and when we go besides a hug and maybe a quick kiss you refuse to interact with me physically! When we shared a bed in California you made a pillow line down the middle of the bed! And the way you dress, it's cute but would it kill you to aim for a little sex appeal?"

"So that's it? Cheating on me with someone sexier? Who will actually sleep with you? You are throwing away love for lust, Ron!" She replied raising her voice trying to mask heartbreak with anger.

"Actually Hermione I'm not sure I am."

She looked at him questioningly.

"We have nothing in common. We don't value the same things. To me you are absolutely no fun. To you I'm foolish. I don't think we are in love at all. You have no interest it appears in being with me sexually, and I don't want to date an eighteen year old nun."

"That is what this all keeps coming back to! Go ahead, Ronald, keep company with slags. Have fun bringing them home for lunch with your mum. I can not wait to see her face."

"You leave my mother out of this, Hermione." Ron said warningly.

"I am only stating the facts."

"As usual. You don't sensual or romantic bone in your body. I might as well date a pomcuter."

"You mean a computer, Ron. If we are going to sling insults allow me. Dating you with your mannerisms, and eating habits is not far off dating a pig!"

With that Hermione stood up, and stormed out of the bar, hearing Ron calling out angrily behind her.

When she returned to the castle she went straight up to her room, and to bed, finally allowing herself the freedom to cry.