Chapter 13

When Hermione got up to the Head's quarters after an excellent meal of roast, and mashed potatoes. She found a very drunk Blaise and Malfoy giggling like teenage girls on the couch. If teenage girls sounded like grown men that was.

Both froze as soon as she entered.

"Uhhhhhhh 'ello Grain-grr." Blaise attempted, trying to nod politely, but resembling a bobble head.

She examined the finished bottles on the floor, then the two men in front of her.

She took a deep breath and said very clearly,

"Fifteen points from Slytherin."

Before making her way to her bedroom to put on some pjs and wash her face, laughing at the cry of fury Malfoy let out.

A few hours later Draco was beginning to sober up when Hermione exited her room again.

As she entered the living room his eyes scanned her up and down. She had all of her curls piled on top of her head and was wearing grey and white striped pajamas that showed more skin that anything else she had ever warm. As his eyes crossed her thighs it occurred to him that he had never seen her legs before. She had great legs.

She became aware of his staring, and it seemed to instantly deter whatever desire she had to be in the common room. As he watched her turn around, and walk back to her room, her backside slowing disappearing from view he murmured "Ten points to Gryffindor." Before falling back asleep.

Around three in the morning, Draco woke back up on the couch to the sound of a strangled cry coming from Hermione's room.

He jumped up and ran in expecting to see her being attacked, and instead found her thrashing about in her bed asleep, sending verbally conjured spells in every which direction. .

Carefully as he could avoiding her flailing arms, and flying spells, he managed to reach her bed and shake her awake. She instantly, half awake, slapped his face, before realizing what she had done.

"Malfoy! Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, the punch in the nose third year was far worse than that little slap. Are you okay?"

"Just a nightmare." She said dropping her head. "It's silly."

"I get them too Granger. I think all of us do."  He said softly.

She looked up at him with a new look in her eyes.

"Sometimes I forget how many of us have lost things." She whispered. "How is your mom?"

He froze. She was concerned about his mother's, who had stood by, and watched Hermione be tortured, well being.

"She is okay. Not fairing as well without father."

"I am sorry to hear that." Hermione said appearing genuinely sad at the news.

"Why do you care ? She was married to a death eater, and father to another." He added shamefully before adding another. "Her sister gave you that scar!" He gestured to the Just barely visible "M" carved into Hermione's arm.

"Yes. But she is also the reason we are all here."

Draco looked at Hermione with confusion, and she realized something.

"She never told you?"

"Told me what?" Draco asked slowly.

"Malfoy, the only reason Harry survived Voldemort that day was because of your mother. When Harry laid on the ground after his first killing curse, he asked her if he was dead. She told him yes, despite finding his pulse. If she had not done that Voldemort would have finished him off there. Your mother saved us all."

Hermione watched as his already light skin paled further.

"She never told me." Was all he said.

She reached for his hand just as he got up from the bed.

"Try to get some sleep. It will be morning soon." He said shortly before leaving the room, leaving Hermione wondering what she had done wrong.