Chapter 18

Hermione held her breath and tried to remember why she always let Ginny talk her into stuff as she followed her off the castle grounds.

They had decided the previous night with Luna that Ginny would be Persephone, Harry would dress as Zeus, Luna as Aphrodite, Ron, as Poseidon, and Hermione as Athena. Ginny knew she wanted a grey dress, Hermione had decided to look for gold.

They arrived at Anastasia's Divine Dresses a little before noon. Hermione had to admit this the shop was one of her favorite things in the magical world. She had bought her Yule ball gown there years before. There was only one of each dress in the shop and once purchased it was magically fitted to you.

The shop was relatively empty, and Ginny was able to get right to work.
Hermione tried her best to make pleasant small talk with the shop clerks while, Ginny whizzed around the place grabbing gowns left and right.

Finally she tapped on Hermione's arm.

"Okay. I think I have enough good ones. May we get a dressing room?" She asked politely to the sales clerk, who seemed shocked Ginny had found that many dresses, that quickly, without help.

"Of course." She said recovering and led them to the back.

As soon as the two had settled in and gotten all of the dresses onto the hangers, Ginny handed Hermione the first option. As soon as she put it on she knew she didn't like it.

"Mermaids really are not for me."

"Then let's keep trying."

One hour later Ginny let out an excited squeal.

"This one! This one is it! I'm definitely getting this."

"And that's the one you need to get

"And that's the one you need to get."
She said gesturing to one in the corner.

Hermione slowly made her way over to it, and with Ginny's help managed to get it on.

"It's very pretty, but is it me? It's very tight, and the slit in the leg

"It's very pretty, but is it me? It's very tight, and the slit in the leg... I don't know how comfortable I would be in this dress, Ginny."

"Take a risk 'Mione! You look stunning!"

"Maybe you are right."

"Now let's go make our purchases!" Ginny excitedly squealed.

"Now just a moment. Ginny Weasley I am not about to get caught sneaking back into Hogwarts with evidence I left the school grounds unauthorized!"

"Fine then, buy yours later. I'm not giving any other girl a chance to get this one."

Hermione thought to herself that it would not exactly be a travesty if someone were to buy hers.

The two girls made their way back to the castle, giggling as Ginny clutched her dress close to her.

When they reached the Gryffindor common room safely, Hermione released a huge sigh of relief.

"I can't believe this couldn't have waited until this weekend! I swear this took years off my life!"

"But I want to see Harry this weekend! And I could not dress shop with him!"
Ginny retorted, lovingly hanging her dress in her closet.

Hermione got comfortable on Ginny's bed.

"Mind if I stay with you tonight?"

"Sounds good to me! We can talk hair and makeup strategies!"

"And the potions mid term. I know you have charms, and defense against the dark arts down. Neville is the go to tutor for herbology."

"And transfiguration you just have to cross your fingers, and hope for the best." Ginny finished giggling. 

"That merits some truth, but we will BOTH still be studying."

Ginny groaned in agony, as Hermione chuckled.