Chapter 45

*For Jaden, because we are far from over. ~Laney*

"Draco, we have mail." Hermione said one morning as an owl tapped on her window.

"We." He mourned reaching out to pull her closer. "I like that."

"Well it is addressed to us both. Harry and Ginny have invited us to dinner tonight."

"Wedding planning most likely." Draco whispered cuddling against her.

"True. But I suppose since it's a dinner that we can sleep in."

"That's the spirit, love."

*************************************

"Cute, very professional."

"Thanks, babe." Hermione said finishing zipping up her boot.

"Babe?" Draco asked raising an eyebrow.

"Do you mind me calling you that?"

"No, not at all. I like it." He smiled lightly.

"Now where is it we are going again?" He added a second later.

"The Ivy. It's a muggle restaurant in London, so we will have to take the Floo."

He finished fixing his tie, and offered her his arm.

"Permission to escort you to dinner?"

"Permission granted." Hermione laughed.

The two arrived outside in Diagon Alley, and made their way into Muggle London.

Once inside The Ivy the hosted lead them to the table where their friends were waiting.

"Blaise! You found your girl!"

"Yeah," he replied giving Luna a squeeze. "I consider myself very lucky to have received an invite to this lunch."

"Blaise, the only thing you have ever done to offend me is insinuate you found Ginny was attractive in sixth year." Harry chuckled.

Taking their attention off of one new couple they shifted it to the other.

Pansy and Ron had their hands clasped tightly on top of the table, and kept whispering to each other. Small smiles on both faces. Hermione's heart swelled. They deserved to be happy with each other and she was glad they were.

"First order of business," Ginny said after the couples had placed their drink orders.

"The order of the procession down the isle, and everyone's roles. While I know you two couples have switched your places have not. As the maid of honor and best man, Ron and Hermione go last. Before them Draco and Pansy, and first Blaise and Luna. Percy is officiating the wedding, Teddy Lupin will be our ring bearer(yes Harry, Andromeda agreed), and Victoire will be carried by Fleur as our flower girl."

"What will George be doing?" Hermione asked.

"George, will watch the wedding, but probably near the back as he has been working on something for our wedding since we announced it, and he wants to be the first to the reception to set it up. Angelina is coming with him as his date."

Hermione was relieved to hear, George wouldn't have to attend this event alone, and Draco squeezed her knee under the table to show he was thinking the same thing.

"What are the bridesmaids dresses like?" Pansy asked politely.

"Oh!" Hermione gasped. "I forgot no one else had seen them! I have a color, muggle picture in my purse let me grab it."

"Oh, it's lovely

"Oh, it's lovely." Luna mused, while staring at the dress.

"Yes it is." Pansy said sipping at her tea.

A waitress arrived and took their food orders, as well as Hermione and Draco's drink orders.

The dinner went well with lots of ground covered, and planning for both the bachelor and bachelorette's parties.

They were all chatting pleasantly when dessert arrived.

Hermione happily dug into her custard,  when she heard a conversation at the end of the table.

"Sir, There has been a mistake. I didn't order the chocolate pie."

"No mistake, Pans. I knew you would want it." Ron said smiling at her.

She grinned at him before taking a big bite, and immediately grimacing.

"Yikes... there is something hard in here!"

She reached into her mouth, cringing at her own lack of class, and pulled out a chocolate covered ring.

She stared at it with confusion, before turning to Ron. In the excitement he had dropped to one knee.

"Pansy, we haven't been together very long, but when something is right you know. You make me a better person, and I couldn't imagine being in a different relationship. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

Pansy was blushing with her whole body. For a moment Hermione feared she would reject him. Instead, she threw herself to the floor tackling him.

"Yes! Absolutely!"

Ron cleaned off the ring, and slid it onto her finger.

Pansy admires the ring with a glowing expression.

"It's so beautiful..." her expression changed suddenly.

"Ron! I could have swallowed it!"

All present were holding their stomachs laughing, and congratulating the two between chuckles.

"I'm really happy for you two." Hermione said smiling at Ron.

"As am I, let us take you two out to dinner next Saturday." Draco extended as an offer.

Ron looked uncertain, but Pansy gave him a reassuring look.

"Sounds like fun." He conceded.

(I hope you guys like the new dress better... the last one really was hideous.)