Chapter 41

Ron arrived at Hermione's dorm at exactly seven. White roses, and chocolates in hand. When she opened the door he grinned. It was a very cute look for her, she didn't wear a lot of pink, but in the spirit of Saint Valentine, she had on plenty.

"You look beautiful." He said offering her the gifts.

"Thanks, Ron. You look good too."

"The Party is for seventh and eighth years only so that should cut down on craziness." Ron said, obviously trying to break the silence as the two made their way towards Hogsmeade.

"Well that is good. Did I tell you about the new book I've been reading?"

"Twice."

"Oh."

The two walked in silence until the lights of Hogsmeade lit up in red and pink were easily seen.

"The village is lovely. They really did a good job getting it to look just right." Hermione commented.

"They did. Well should we?" He offered his hand out to her.

"Yes. This is will be fun."

All of Hogsmeade was pink, red, and white. Lights had been enchanted to glow the colors, and streamers crossed between the buildings, and over the heads of the many couples on dates.

"I think if you had done the decor it would have looked better. You did very well at Bill and Fleur's wedding."

"Thank you, Ron! I hope to do as well for Harry and Ginny."

"I'm sure you will. Here let's get some food." Ron led her into Madame Rosmerta's. The two ordered, and ate with conversation flowing smoothly. Halfway through the meal, Harry and Ginny joined. Ginny's red sweater and white jeans looked adorable, and even  Harry looked neat for the evening.

"Ginny spelled my hair." He chuckled.

"It looks... different." Hermione attempted politeness.

"What Hermione means, Ginny, is it grows out of his head like that for a reason. You can do no better than nature has already done." Ron said mouthful of chocolate pie.

"Ron, I think you forgot that your own date spells her hair." Ginny said wryly.

"Well, She is a better witch then you are."

As another sibling squabble began, Harry and Hermione caught up over cherry tarts.

They were happily leaving to go dance, when they ran into Pansy and Draco.

Pansy was wearing a dark red clingy dress, and upon seeing Ron instantly flushed a similar color. Draco Upon seeing Hermione had no detectable reaction.

"Draco, I'm not so hungry anymore. Maybe we should go dance again."

"Whatever you like, Pansy." He said calmly, before leading her back out into the square.

"Is it just me, or does Malfoy seem a little stiff even for his purer than thou self?"

"He hasn't spent much time in our dorm, but when he does he is a little off. I tried to remind him about the potions homework, and he just looked at me."

"..That is odd." Ron said looking at his shoes. "Hermione, how about a dance? And Harry and Ginny, it wouldn't hurt for you to practice for your wedding."

"I could get angry, but I would really like to dance, Harry." Ginny glowed up at her fiancé.

Ron and Hermione danced in the middle of the square both trying not to look at the couple across from them. Which was going fine until Draco and Hermione made eye contact.

"Ron, I think I need something to drink. Want a butter beer? I'll go get us some."

When Hermione made her way to get the drinks, Ron realized he had a decision to make. One that he had decided the second a girl in a red dress entered his line of vision. He could only hope Hermione would take it well.

Ginny

Pansy