Chapter 65

With the disappearance of the other guests and their friends the table shorted and the places before the four remaining chairs suddenly held plates with steaming dinners.

"Let us four have a nice chat. I need to enjoy these intimate discussions while I have a chance. As the future the Supreme Protectorate of Magic, it will be so much harder to things like this. And it is certainly important to level with the people I wish to serve."
She calmly began to cut her meat and dab it into a molasses colored sauce.

Harry, Hermione and Draco remained standing.

"Where are our friends?!" Harry demanded angrily without so much as acknowledging a word Andromeda has said.

"All in good time, dear. Admittedly I'm very disappointed in you for not asking about dear Teddy."

Harry's face paled.

"You have Teddy..." he whispered, which of course he knew as it had been his idea for him to stay with her but it was only just dawning on him what that meant.

"He is my pride and joy and shall inherit the job of Protectorate from me once, he is grown and has been carefully pruned and instructed. He already shows potential for great magic and has all the charming qualities of my beloved, Nymphadora."

"You keep using this non-existent title," Hermione stated in a cold and flat voice.
" I do hope you mean to define it."

"How silly of me. I will do so gladly. The Supreme Protectorate of Magic, will be the title of the highest authority over magical affairs for the world, not simply Britain. The Ministry of Magic, the MACUSA, and all other forms of magical government will remain intact, but they will all answer to the Supreme Protectorate. The first of which, of course, will be me. In this position, I will bring the wizarding world together and unite all witches and wizards through the cause. After our glorious victory, I will oversee the welfare and protection of all witches and wizards and create new laws to assist the creation of our new world."

"How exactly do you intend to make the entire wizarding world follow you?" Draco said, finally speaking up.

"It's simple. I have built a following, not an army. Successful coups take time. Stealth, skill and careful planning. Voldemort was most successful when he himself was under cover. You go tramping through the streets with an army of giants and the people fear you. They should not fear me. They should love me. I am not some heartless, loveless, overlord. I am a mother, a sister, a grandmother and a grieving widow. I know their struggle, I have lived their struggles. I want to free them from the bonds our society has placed them under. We deserve to be the ruling class. The people will rally to my cause, as I slowly infiltrate the ministry and by the time I come to collect the title of Minister of Magic, it will be willing handed to me."

Andromeda smiled at them all with a charming and self confident ease. At least it would have been charming had it not also been so deranged.