Chapter 50

Draco made sure she loved every second. He helped her pick out beautiful, and comfortable clothing pieces in the shop, talking to the native people in their language and wowing her. He showed her all the best things to eat, and taught her how to order in Indonesian. And when the sun was beginning to lower, he suggested they go down to the beach.

"Okay! Let me grab a suit!" She agreed.

"No." Draco chuckled.

"Allow me."

He made his way over to one of the shopping bags and selected a two piece swimsuit.

"Draco Malfoy, that is not a swim suit. That is underwear. No, not even that. My underwear covers more."

"And that's why you ought to wear it. It's night, this is a private beach, and you are thousands of miles away from anyone who knows you. If there was a time to get loose it is now."

And to his great surprise, she took his advice.

"You have a point. We are far away from our lives and problems. If I'm going to take a risk, why do it half way though." She said grinning.

"Why on earth wear skimpy swim wear, when you can swim nude?"

It might have just been the greatest night of Draco's life.

Three days passed in peace, and wonder. Draco was amazed at the way Hermione had fun. She tried whatever fruity cocktail was offered, danced freely in the little pubs and night clubs they explored. She dressed in her little island dresses, and some of his shirts tied up to reveal her waist. And with all the sun she was getting she was becoming... tanned. The island look was her best yet, and Draco was more confident than ever about the decision he had made.

The two were getting ready for dinner at one of the island's nicest, hidden, all wizard resorts.

He put on his suit, and let his tie, do itself as he fixed his hair. He had picked up a bit of his own skin color, and the sun had bleached his hair further. He smirked at his own reflection feeling pleased, then patted his suit jacket pocket again to be sure the box was still there. It was going to be tonight. Tonight he was going to propose to Hermione.

He went out into the living area to wait for her, only to find her waiting on him.

"Wow. You look incredible."

She has tamed all her curls to flow softly to one side, and had applied just enough makeup to highlight her lovely features, but not enough to distract from the gorgeous dress.

"I did a little more shopping earlier." She said smiling at him before walking over to give him a kiss.

He gripped her waist to hold her there for just a moment more, before smiling down at her. Glowing cheeks, bright eyes. This was definitely his dream girl.

The two apparated to the door of the restaurant.

"Why didn't we just go straight in?" Hermione asked, raising an eyebrow.

"If we had done that I wouldn't have been able to get the door for you."

Her face instantly flushed, but she stepped aside to allow him to open the door. As soon as they were inside, a hostess approached them.

"Mister Malfoy, what a pleasure, your table is prepared as you like it, right this way, sir."

"As always Molly, the pleasure is mine. May I introduce my girlfriend, Hermione Granger."

Hermione did not miss the way the young woman's face instantly dropped, before quickly regaining its bright smile.

"Enchanted. Right this way."

There table was out on a veranda. The only table out on the veranda. Island flowers grew all around the columns, and hung from its ceiling like a chandelier. Everything was lit by candle.

Hermione held in her gasp when she saw it.

"What kind of magic do you have to arrange this?" She asked.

"The oldest and most powerful kind. Copious amounts of money. Shall we sit?" He asked as he pulled out her chair for her.

"Thank you, good sir." She giggled, as she sat.

They were able to talk smoothly as appetizers and champagne were brought to them. (Other than Draco dismissing the first waiter for looking a little too long at Hermione's chest.)

When it came time for entrees, Hermione let Draco order.

"You seem to know what I like."

"Then we will both have the Nasi Bali." He said to the waiter without having to lift the menu.

As soon as he had left, Draco explained.

"It's one of the best known dishes from the area and very tasty. It's pork."

And it was delicious. He enjoyed watching her face as she enjoyed the food, and even more so when he squeezed a bit of fresh mango juice into her champagne.

She lifted her glass to him.

"This has been amazing, but what are we celebrating?"

He took a deep breath to calm his nerves.

"Funny you should ask. Hermione.."

He prepared to stand up from the table, but at that moment a house elf appeared where he was about to kneel.

"Master!" Cried Miffy looking extremely distressed.

"Master! Master you and Miss 'Minee must come home at once! Your father, he has escaped!"