Chapter 46

After a long day of tests and homework, Hermione was thankful to be having dinner out of the castle. Ginny had helped her fully straighten her hair, and lightly applied makeup.
She slipped into a black dress, and made her way out into their common room to meet Draco.

"Great. You are ready to go." he smiled.

The two couples ate a nice dinner in Hogsmeade, before deciding to take a walk in the cool air.

"Hermione, could you and I have a moment." Pansy asked as they left Rosmerta's.

Instantly both men looked wary, but Hermione agreed.

"Of course. We will walk ahead, you boys catch up."

Once alone, Pansy turned to face Hermione. A blush evident on her cheeks.

"Hermione, I could rehearse this a million times, and not get it right. I'm not used to apologizing. But I'm sorry. I did something not only unspeakable, but I'm pretty sure is illegal to you. Over a boy. One who never really cared for me. I want to feel really sorry for how I treated you, but I can't. I met Ron because of it. And Ron is really great."

"Something I could have told you to begin with." Hermione giggled.

"I forgive you, though. I did to begin with. I'm glad you have moved on, and are happy."

Pansy eyed her with a look of appraisal.

"You really are different than you seem. Draco is lucky."

At that moment the boys caught up to them.

"Hey girls, how is it going?" Ron asked slowly as if afraid he was entering a cat fight.

"Great." Hermione said smiling at Pansy, and giving her hand a squeeze.

"So.." she continued. "How does everyone feel about the finals next week?"