Chapter 52

"No. Nope. Not a chance." Draco said when she cane out of her room the night of the Bachelor and Bachelorette parties.

"You don't think it's pretty? Pansy picked it out for me." She questioned, giving a little spin.

"To hell with her then. That dress is more than pretty. You aren't going anywhere in it. Definitely not to a club full of classless, single, American men."

He slowly made his way towards her, but she was quicker scrambling back towards the door to the exit.

"Hermione, you stop right now!"

"Have a good night baby!" She laughed as she quickly slipped through the door into the hall.

He tried to grab her, but the second his arm reached out she disapparated.

When she reappeared she was standing on a bustling street before a nightclub in what she could only assume was America. This city was wilder than any she had ever seen before. People and lights were everywhere.

Her destination was confirmed when Ginny raced at her and jumped on her. Toddling a bit in her heels with a drink in her hand no less.

"You got here! Pansy and Luna are inside!" She looked adorable in her white dress, sash, and crown. The gold crown glittered in her red hair.

Hermione took another look around the incredibly busy city and asked,

"Ginny, where are we?"

"Vegas, babe!!"

They stepped into the nightclub and Hermione had to admit she was impressed

They stepped into the nightclub and Hermione had to admit she was impressed. The wait staff were all so attractive they were either veelas or entirely plastic. In Vegas it could be both.
They made it out to the pool when they ran into Pansy and Luna. Both looking incredible.

"Wow, Hermione! The dress is beautiful

"Wow, Hermione! The dress is beautiful." Luna tittered, obviously drunk.

"It is, I'm honestly surprised Draco let you leave." Pansy added, surprisingly sober.

Hermione ordered a drink from a near by waitress before sitting down beside Pansy. Before she could ask, Pansy spoke.

"I don't drink. My mother is a horrible alcoholic posing as the life of the party. I can have fun sober just fine."

Hermione wasn't surprised. Now that she thought of it she had never seen Pansy have anything to drink.

"That's honestly very admirable." She finally said smiling at the brunette.

"Thanks." Pansy said green eyes flashing. "But don't let it fool you. I will be the first to jump off that diving board into that pool. In my knickers no less."

The night went fabulously for the girls. The American men were completely taken with them resulting in lots of free drinks. And dancing. And Pansy did indeed jump into the pool in her underwear. Luna quickly followed.
And Ginny certainly wasn't going to be out done at her own party.

When Hermione was standing at the edge of the pool by herself watching the party rage around her, and her friends in the pool she decided to listen what liquor had to say.

"One.. two.. three!" She jumped in too (choosing to leave her dress on). The cold water felt wonderful and cooled the burn the alcohol had created in her. Also sobered her up a bit. She smiled at her three friends who couldn't look more different bobbing in the water.

She floated onto her back and enjoyed the weightless feeling watching fireworks go off in the sky over the pool. She felt a hand intertwine with hers and glanced over to see Ginny grinning at her.

"Mione, you are the best friend ever." She heard Gin tell over the fireworks and crowds. She grinned and squeezed her hand back.

It was a wonderful moment in their friendship. Lacking fear, worries, or even daily stress, the two floated hand in hand, as colored lights sparkles above them.