Chapter 19

The next morning the girls entered the dining hall with their robes over their pajamas and their hair in buns. The Great Hall was abuzz as usual, that was until the two stepped in. Instantly everyone's eyes turned towards them, and silence fell.

"Did we do something?" Hermione whispered nervously.

"They are just taking in our very fashion forward appearance."

"I don't think that's quite it, Ginny. Although I must admit the pink butterfly clips in your messy red bun is extremely avant-garde."

"Mother always said I was going to be the bright one."

As they sat down at the Gryffindor table, joking with each other, all eyes turned to them. After a moment of incredibly awkward staring Neville spoke up.

"Hermione, you look great." He said in an uneasy tone.

"Why the tone of surprise?" Hermione giggled, spreading marmalade across her toast.

"We- I- just thought that you might be in a bit more somber mood this morning, given today's Daily Prophet front page."

Hermione set down her toast.

"My Daily Prophet gets delivered to my bedroom. I slept with Ginny last night. What was so important that I missed?"

Neville suddenly had the appearance of one who had opened his mouth before finding it filled with his own foot.

Dean sat down next to Hermione,  and gently handed her a copy of the paper.

One that she stared at's moving picture for several minutes before processing what she had seen.

For on the front of the Prophet was Ron.

Sweeping by the stands in his uniform, and planting a far less than chaste kiss on a tiny blonde witch.

Has Hero, Ronald Weasley, Grown Tired Of The Same Old Thing?

The articles title read. Underneath was an incredibly unflattering picture of Hermione hunched over a book in the library. As Hermione's eyes trailed down the page a firm scowl planted itself upon her face as she spotted the words:

Article by Rita Skeeter.

"I should have dropped that jar from a broom high, HIGH over London when I had a chance! They never would  have caught me! No one else knew she was an animagus!"

"Wow, Hermione, that's a little dark. Let's tone it down a notch, and focus on the main problem. My idiot brother."

"Oh I will speak to Ronald this weekend. Perhaps there is a story behind that, we all know Rita Skeeter has a flair for the dramatic." Hermione said hotly.

"Perhaps. But do remember there is also a chance that Ron has indulged his flair for the stupid."

💚Happy Easter everyone! I'm extremely excited for the chapters upcoming, but am trying to slow my updates to makeup for the multiple papers, and exams coming up in the next month.💚